Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Putt it off 6 DD

Donut

I already have 4 coils and have been contemplating for over 10 years on getting the 6 DD HF. And I got my 6” DD yesterday. Yea you don’t cover a lot of area very fast . But in heavy trashy area’s that coil is a game changer.. I had it out today for a few hours . Boy does it pinpoint better and even without using the pin pointer. Every thing I got was right in the plug . But for cluttered and tight areas it just came to be my #1 coil. I’m very happen with it and even had to lower the sensitivity and separations even got better on shallow finds. I can just imagine how well the 3khz would do. Ok I’m ramping now but the board has been a little dead lately. So all of you need to do more posts to help keep our board more active.

PS; Thank you Old Longhair
Your Friend ; Doug

Glad to hear you like it. I really like mine also. I have the digger also and to be honest I like them both about equal. But I civil war relic hunt a lot and the regular dd hits great on the lead in a trashy areas.

It’s like having a new detector all over again , It rejuvenated me to go Detecting more and scratching my brain as to where else to go, I am now going to go back to some of my old hot spots. But when you have a spot that is driveling you crazy wit just too much junk and your detector is going off like crazy. My 6” concentric was lust too hot and anything else bigger just wasn’t gonna work. I even turned down the sensitivity and that helped also.

Your Friend ;Doug

Donut said:
It’s like having a new detector all over again
Ha! Every new coil does that!
I have a "proving ground" park that I hit with each new piece of equipment that I get. Depending on how it does there I decide whether to revisit other already covered sites or not, or which ones I might want to try it at.

Ok that makes sense , but I needed something to get me going , lol We are have such nice weather why are you not out Detecting, I’m thinking of going to a state park tomorrow afternoon.

Donut said:
We are have such nice weather why are you not out Detecting
Been raining here all day.
I may get out sometime over the next few days. It's supposed to be a lot warmer and sunny starting tomorrow, and I have a couple farm fields I want to hit before they get planted.

Ok my bad , I didn’t check the radar there , I’ve had sun all day but there is a cold breeze coming of Lk Michigan here today , nice tomorrow though . Have a good time tomorrow.

Doug

I emailed Minelab to see if they would develop a 50kHz coil for the xterra. I told them that they would sell a lot of them, since there are a lot of xterras still in use.
We will see.

That probably will not happen because the Exterra Line Is getting old and the new Equinox 600 and 800 and they run 5 frequencies (multi IQ ) all the time with DD coils

Doug