Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Putting my memorials to good use.

togamac

I've been spending some time in a rocky bottomed stream that contained many dams and swimming holes before the 50's. I haven't been finding anything and have been trying to figure out where the coins lost by swimmers or those tossed from bridges would go in this stream. So, I've decided that I'm going to do some "seeding" with some of the many memorials I've accumulated over the past few years. I have a feeling that coins don't travel very far due to the rocky bottom even with near flood stages during the spring. I'll let you'all know what I find next year! LOL

It would be so cool to somehow put a gps tracker on a coin to see where the current takes it. Not sure if they make them that small though.

I threw 10 memorials off of three different bridges yesterday. They were marked so that I'll be able to ID them when I try to find them in the spring. I also observed that in some areas of this creek, there was bedrock with cracks. I'm pumped to investigate those cracks.
HH all!

Please don't 'experiment' at the public beaches that I hunt on.

I wouldn't do that to ya KinTN. I've read about people doing that for kicks but I do not think it's funny.

that I hunt. Last count, my hunting buddy and I had already pulled 375 zincs,very frustrating but I guess some guys are just A$$'s......

I don't understand the logic! Are they trying to discourage you from hunting in "their" spot or are they just doing it for laughs? Sometimes in dirt, I'll notch out memorials so's I don't have to waste time digging'em. Could be whoever is doing this to you is doing the same thing?

Ya know on my machines some pieces of silver hit very, very close to a penny. Some zincs sometimes hit just about any where depending on the state of corruption they are in. I dunno about.notching them out when I got a scoop in my hand.