Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Putting the "coil" back into a coil cord

nge

Has anyone ever had a coil cord that has lost its kinkiness? I have a Sunray Xcellerator 5" coil that has lost its tight coils. The cord is so straight that it will not allow me to shorten the lower shaft on my Etrac. the lower shaft is almost out of the upper shaft. I need a permanent solution to put the "curves" back in.......... HELP!

Could you possibly tightly wrap and secure the cable around a length of tube (maybe an inch thick)....submerge in very hot/boiling water for a few minutes and then submerge in some icy cold water for a few minutes?

A heat gun could be used instead of hot water but don't melt the outer cable.

Tony

I actually did this the other day. I tie wrapped my starting point to s small wooden dowel, then coiled on snugly and tie wrapped the end run. I then used my heat gun and heated it uniformly, let it naturally cool and had a coiled cord on my headphones that was previously not coiled.

As far as how much heat, I got it pretty hot but not to blister, and it was looking shiny wet and a little sticky. After it cooled it was still shiny. It looks great.