Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quarter Frenzy

mapper65

I've had days where I've found more coins than this but today I set a new personal record for the most quarters in one day.

We went to a local recreation area that we had been given permission to hunt. My Mom had already been there a few times and had a nice couple of hauls, mainly quarters and dimes.

I started out the day finding a small handful of pennies and I was really hoping that I would start stumbling onto something better. All of the sudden I started finding quarter after quarter after quarter in an area about 24' x 60'. Our neighbor that got us permission to hunt this location told us to pay close attention to this one certain area where he knew of a few kids party sawdust coin piles which is in a grassy area off of a pavilion that people gather in. I'm pretty sure we found the footprint where the sawdusty piles may have been but even outside of that area it was like it rained coins. I'd probably say that less than half of my coins came from the area we think they had the sawdust piles. My coin holder which is typically bigger than i need for a whole day of detecting was nearly full to the top. At one point I really thought that I had found a roll of quarters but waited until I got home to see what I had.

I found 117 coins, 17 coins shy of my daily record. I found 34 quarters which is a new daily record for me, 36 dimes, 2 nickels and 45 pennies. My Mom also did very well with couple dollars in quarters a boat load of dimes and a small handful of pennies. We were both using the 6" Coiltek coil.

Not sure how well I'll be able to walk tomorrow but at least I can sit back and enjoy my haul. It was a good day!

You probably wore out your digger with all those coins. That will help pay for your gas. Congratulations.

nice haul. When your finding clad like that it makes it a lil more worth it doing all the poking and popping and being on your knee's

Did mommy leave all those quarters for you. :rofl:

robez509 said:
Did mommy leave all those quarters for you. :rofl:

Ha ha!

"Mommy" at nearly 80 years old holds her own. My brother and I might move a little faster than her but we're usually the ones trying to coax her back to the truck after 5 of 6 hours of detecting. She's a die hard detectorist. If she's not on her iPad watching detecting videos or reading treasure magazines she out at one of the local parks or other sites that we've found with her 705, Pro Pointer and her pistol detecting.

Hopefully we can all be so lucky to still be detecting at that age with the excitement that she has in doing it.

Glad to hear, wish my mum was still as mobile. My mom is my biggest fan of this metal detecting business, she loves to hear of the rescued relics and coins tells me the exercise is a good side effect.
Cheers and happy hunting!

I got my new/used 2 times xterra Saturday.After reading quick set up till I ciuld do it from memory had to go try it out. Went to the park around the corner and found 37 quarters in the tot lot in about a hour. I was stoked! All I had to do was move the pine bark with my foot to find them. Talk about a easy hunt.one pile on the edge held 12 in one place some were laying on top just under the surface.I wish it was always this easy. Needless to say tid 42 means quarter on my machine. Look forward to many good hunts and finds . I will share more when they come. Good hunting to all !

What coil do you use when hunting clad in parks.What do you set sens? Most coins I find at 1 to' 2". Just got a 705 . Thank you tincan

I typically use the 6" Coiltek coil. I run the sensitivity as high as it will let me without chattering, in many cases that's 30. If the park is very trashy, I'll drop the sensitivity just to smooth things out a little. It can be a little more technical than that but that should be a good start for you.