Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quarter Trifecta and one was a first for me!

HEBEGB

I made it to an old homesite that is situated in a nearby State Park for a 3 hour hunt. It is really overgrown and tough to get any coverage around where the house once stood, but I tried anyway. After about an hour of fighting to get my coil through the underbrush, I still didn't have anything to put in the "good" side of my pouch and I had decided that I was going to move on to another homesite. I fought my way out of the brush and back on to the path and was finally able to swing a full swath, but MAN, TALK ABOUT MACHINE GUN IRON! After only about 6 or 8 swings, I got a hit and out came the Colorado Tax Token. Maybe five minutes and 15 feet later, I got nice high tone chirping through the iron. It turned out to be the '36 Washington. It's been well over a year and probably closer to two since I've dug a silver quarter. Not more than a foot away, I got another quarter signal that was bouncing a little from 28 to 32. As I started to sink my digger in I thought to myself "how 'bout a Barber this time". As I turned the plug over, I saw the edge and after popping it I said to myself "I'll be da*need, it IS A BARBER!" My first Barber quarter is a 1912S. I have found a handful of Barber dimes and one Barber half. Five minutes later and another 10 feet away I dug the '35 Washington. In the next hour I dug 4 Wheaties, 1 Memorial, and the little silver washed button all intermingled in a sea of nails. I think that it turned out to be a pretty good hunt.

Nice on the Quarter hat trick. :thumbup: Be a while since I popped a Barber quarter as well. I better get off the internet and get out and hunt. :clapping:

Rich -

sgoss66 said:
Holy SMOKES! GREAT hunt, HEBEGB!! That's outstanding!

That blasted Barber quarter STILL eludes me!!! I have no explanation for it!!

GREAT job on the digs!

Steve

I hope that one shows up for you soon Steve. Waaaaay too many types are still eluding me as well. My bucket list is long! LOL!

Great job on the quarters! I need to check my local ghost town too...the railroad is closed until further notice so now's the time!