Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro - A Couple Of Questions

Tarot

I have searched through the forums, but still have a couple of questions. I currently use a Sovereign on the beaches, but just fancy a change of machine. You can get used Quattro's at a good price at the moment, and I would probably change the stock coil to the pro coil or the 10x12 SEF

Is the Quattro heavier than the Sovereign and Is the recovery speed slower than the Sovereign.

Regards Tarot (Bob)

I dont know about the recovery speed, but you can do a side by side comparison of both machines at Kellyco.

Good luck

i've used both, i'd say recovery time about the same. i had a sov xs (great machine) but once in a while it would seem to get hung up on a target, quattro does same but you swing minelabs slow anyway and their performance more than justified an occasional "freeze". the quattro will give you more target info than the sov (dig less trash)

Harold,ILL,

According to Kellyco's comparison chart, the Sovereign weighs 4.8 lbs; Quattro weighs 3 lbs; Safari weighs 3.6 lbs.
This chart does not say whether this includes batteries or not. Personally, I think the battery weight was not
included.

I was also wondering is the safari the same weight as an explorer se ? They look the same but maybe the se is heavier due to more electronics ? Also can the safari tell the difference number wise between a quarter and a dime ?

Harold ILL,

The Explorer SE Pro weighs 4 lbs (Kellyco chart) versus Safari at 3.6 lbs. The weight of these 2 detectors
probably excludes the Battery weight.
Generally the Safari detects the Dime and Quarter at #38. If the dime and quarter are at the same depth
you will get a stronger signal with the quarter, but this information won't help very much.
The Safari is nicely balanced and I can swing it all day long. If my right arm gets tired, I switch over to my
left arm for a few minutes. I'm 66 years old, so a younger person should have no problem handling the weight.
If you elect for a smaller coil, the weight will be less.