Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro Battery life

garyuk

I have been testing a Quattro this week Can anyone tell me how long I should expect to get out of x8 good quality AA batteries.
The best I have managed is 5 Hours solid detecting per set is this normal ?

Thanks
Gary
www.garysdetecting.co.uk

Gary,
I had the same thing happen when I got my Quattro.(5-6hrs). I thought something was wrong. I went and bought 8 new nimh 2500mah batteries and have extended my detecting time to 8+ hours.
Just a note on the batteries- they have to be fully charged the first time you use them. I charged mine twice before I used them. then after they were used a few times they started to hold a charge a lot longer. so far I am satisfied with the amount of time they let me detect. Scott

P.S. I talked to a minelab dealer and she said that the 2500mah are the stongest battery that you should put in your detector.

This will make a difference as I have seen some from the Dollar store go only a few hours. The Duracell and Energizers should last around 18 hours or more. The rechargeable Nickle hydride will last around 12 hours once they have been woke up which is the third or 4th charge as the first couple charge may only be 6-7 hours.

Rick

I am on my first set of Duracell alkaline batteries........12 hours and still running although the meter does read that they are at half life now. Always use top quality batteries in any piece of equipment, you never know when the cheapies will spring a leak a foul things up badly.

I've got two sets of the Nmh batteries and they seem to last quite a while, but even if I undercharged them a little the extra set pulls me out of a bind if I need them. I even bought an extra battery holder from Kellyco, just to put the extra set in so if the 1st set runs out, I just pop in the other battery holder. Works for me, and I just keep the extra set in my detector bag along with extra coils and stuff.