Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quattro depth?

splodger1

hi all, very excited for this, picked up a quattro and now im just waiting for it to get here... what kind of depth etc can you acheive with this machine?

hh Jeremy :minelab:

The Quattro is a really good metal detector. I have personly found coins down to 9 inches with mine, but from what I have read on this forum that it will find them deeper. You need to run the Quattro in manual sensitivity as high as an area will let you without it falsing and noise cancel often. Since you are just starting out I would also suggest to start searching in coins or coins and jewelry mode and notch the TID number 40 because the wrap around effect on rusted iron. This is were an rusted iron junk object will sound off and read in the negative TID numbers and TID number 40. Doing this the Quattro will run a lot smoother for you when you hunting in a iron in fested area. You might want to think about ordering Andy Sabisch's Quattro/Safari handbook, it has a lot of good information in it and it helped me.

John

My deepest coin was a 29 mm diameter Cu-Ni 1DKK from the 70s in half dry half wet sand. Whole Pistol Probe could hide into the hole, so it was somewhere around 12" or little deeper - and it was really in the bottom of the hole as I use the pinpointer only when I get down to 6 - 8". I had notched out -10 and 40, manual sensitivity at 18 and what is most important, 15x12 SEF coil. I do not remember if Ferrous or Conductive audio but it was the deepest coin I have found at that particular beach with any detector I had (except for a military PI, which could get the same coin at the same depth).