Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quattro programs

ScottR.

I have been trying to get used to this new machine. I took it out a few times
now to my hunting spots and at first I encountered alot of falseing and
some ghost signals that I would dig and dig to find nothing. I have seen some other post with simalar problems. that led me to try some new programs.
I found that in coins mode if you open up -5 thru 0 it clears up the signals
alot better I think this might be close to where iron mask 10 would be on the explorer. the most helpful one I found is to start with relic mode open up
-10 tru -5 regect -4 thru +12 open +13 thru +16 and regect +17 thru +29
this is for coin hunting it worked quite well for me today the coin signals
were very clear an I had no falseing from iron at all. I also used the same
pattern only regecting +13 tru +16 as kind of a silver coin program. it
discs out nickels but if your focusing on silver it helps to get rid of the distractions of lower conductors. I didnt check gold coins so the pattern
would have to be modified for that. anyway hope this info might help anyone
who is frustrated with some of the signals the quattro gives in the basic
programs.

Like Mike the professor says, take your time, read the book and practice, practice, practice. I still can't figure the sounds out, but I still love my machine compared to my first model, Radioshack and second model White's QXT Pro.

Hang in there! :rage:

I like the quattro to. I think it will be alot easyer to learn than the explorer.
and while it is a differant detector it has the features to make it a very
powerful machine once learned.