Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro question

deepdiger60

I have a few question,s about the learning curve of the Minelab Quattro i have a chance to get one in almost new condition with the DD water-proof coil 10.5 inches a closet detector ,, the last 5 years i have been using a Whites DFX and a Minelab Sovereign GT i never used a FBS unit before any help it would be appreciated . Thanks Jim

If you have used a Sovereign then your almost there! ( a Sov. was my very first detector) as with the Sov. you must swing the Quattro slower as it is a multi- frequency machine and recovery speed is slower than a single frequency unit. Getting used to the tones takes time but not long. It will be "chattery" at times but try to use your ears and pick out the goodies in the iron. I always dig IFFY signals if Im working a generally quiet area as it could be "good mixed with bad" as I call it. You will enjoy the Quattro and good luck with it! keep checking this forum daily as im sure other users will give you more advice..... these folks are great at helping people!

Thank you Treasurechic for that informative infro . i generally swing slow all the time it might take me a week to walk a farm field lol . I will look forward to learning the Quattro . HH Jim