Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quattro turn on question

ks digr

Sometimes,when i turn my machine on it makes some sort of digital sound for a second or 2,then is quiet so i can noise cancel and start detecting.Is that normal or is it the start of a problem to get taken care of ?????hh kd:shrug:

You're going to have to do better than "Some kind of digital sound". You aren't referring to the musical ditty it plays on boot up, are you? Because there is an initialization sequence it goes through. I assume you're using headphones, right? Can you describe the sound a little better?

just little blips and dinks after the start up music just before it goes into the threshold sound it kinda sounds like the old cassette tapes used to play at the end of the tape when it was turned up loud you sometimes got some kind of little digital scale.Nothing like the start up music when you first turn the detector on...hope this helps

Well, depending on how you have it set up, the type of ground, electrical interference, and other factors...it may be normal. As long as you can run noise cancel and have it behave after that, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks alot mike,it doesn't always do it but I never have a problem w/noise cancel,just finding a clean place in the ground to do it.Won't worry about it for now thanks alot hh kd