Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

QUATTRO.... WHY DID YOU GET THIS ONE

EARTHLINGX

i am thinking of getting a quattro... i have had 2 minelabs in the past... EXCALIBER and SD 2200 series... I am unsure about the detectors with digital screens on them and reliability for holding up in the future..... has anyone had problems??? why did you pick this over the EXPLORER ??? are set ups for hunting easier?? i have read all the literature i could find on both quattro and explorer and i have a basic understanding of how they work

I decided on the Quattro over the Explorer for a couple reasons. First was that it seemed to be pretty easy to set up and start hunting, the second was the cost difference. If I had it to do over I think I would opt to go ahead with the Explorer. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Quattro, but it still has quite a learning curve to get used to. Just like any new detector, it takes some getting used to. I think I would have gone with the Explorer for the little bit of extra depth, and the display that gives more seperation between types of metals and targets.
Good Luck either way.
Mark

thanx...... appreciate the honesty

Well honestly, I bought mine because I was curious about FBS, and the first 2nd hand offer was a Quattro.

According to what I've learnt on this forum (from Golden) and others, there is no significant difference in depth between the Q and the Explorer.

The Q is simpler to learn. I wonder if I'll ever make an upgrade. The Q suits me very well and I get some pretty good results with it.

I always search in all metal an sweep slowly, as I was told.

Nick the Belgian.

I've had no trouble with my screen going blink, or any other for that matter. I have lost the two tiny metal plates inside behind the thumb clips on the blue shaft. Very annoying. At the moment I've got two icypole stick halves shoved in to prevent the shaft from sliding down the black one, I really have to get back to Minelab and grab a couple. Seems they weren't glued down properly.
Went with the Quattro for the more user friendly features than the Explorer 2. Glad I went with it. I also have the Explorer, but still prefer the Quattro. Just so used to it, and I find just as many relics if not more with it. Guess any machine you know really well, you'll do great with it. Still wish Minelab would bring out an underwater Quattro, but the excalibur does a fine job of it!!
Golden:detecting::minelab::wiggle: