Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro ??

Fishers Ghost

I have been thinking of trying a Quattro out of curiosity.
Have used a Sov for many years. is the Quattro any better than the Sov detection wise , not bells and whistles wise. Does it work well on wet salt sand beaches? Does it have good sensitivity to light weight gold chains.

I have read a lot of reviews but there seems to be conflicting opinions about this detector.

I don't have the Sov so I can't say if its better. The Quattro is very similar to my Safari & my Safari works great on the beach in both the wet & dry sand.

Hey FG I like MM don't know about the Sov and what he said the Quattro is similar to the Safari. In trashy areas the Quattro is a tic slower so ya have to swing a little slower and using the high
trash setting helps. On the salt beach the Quattro kicks butt deep and stable, hope this helps.
HH, Dale

Thanks for the replies.
Sounds like the Quattro is worth a try so have one on the way.
It will be interesting to compare to the Sov because the quattro is an advancement over the sov with a greater frequency range and of course the display.

Quattro arrived today.
Hmmmmmm?? Very sensitive and detects deep similar to my Sov. I donot like the musical tones. It is slightly better on gold chains than my Sov and my Sov is no good on chains.

It can detect down to 1.5g gold nuggs at a few inches but does not like iron mineralisation.
sounds like it will be good at the beach but it would be a handfull in heavy trash areas because of those multiple music tones although the sensitivity has plenty of adjusting range and can help eliminate much of the music.

There is also a swan/emu like honk sound at the trailing edge of the final tone that is anoying, I am not sure if this is normal or not.

There was an SEF coil included with the sale and I find that this coil is way to sensitive, either that or there is something wrong with it.

Will give it a try at the beach soon and if I think it is a step up over the Sov I will keep it , otherwise it will be up for sale on Ebay. If I think it is better than my XLT then the XLT will be up for sale.

My only comment to you is that you can't learn the detctor in the short time you gave it... I would have suggested Sabbitch's book to you but its mute at this point.. Less compettiton..

I have had the Quattro for several years now...Don't get to use it as much as I would like.....Im pretty happy with the depth ability, and have figured out the tones and numbers associated with the targets..I usually keep it on all metals with lowest sensitivity possible...Its pretty accurate....I have the sunray probe though..Without that I would have a difficult time of pinpointing with the FBS....What I don't like is the weight and the balance
Even with a strap it is very tiring to handle....Also it very much need a better screen , maybe with a backlight...I cannot see the screen in the sun, and harder to see with sunglass on...If I can find a detector that is lighter
with abilities on the Quattro I would think about getting it..