Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

query about strange falsing...

Hi all...

I have a query about some strange falsing that I was getting on my ExpII over the weekend...

I was on a local saltwater beach and was hitting the cut line after doing the water line. I was using manual sensitivity set to around 24. The machine was very quiet for the water line and as I moved toward the fresh cut, there was an area where the machine would incessantly false on every swing even after doing a noise cancel several times and adjusting the sensitivity to below 20 where is somewhat calmed down but still falsed. Funny thing is as I move away from this area I was able to return back to 24 and even push it to 26 without a whisper. The area was approximately 10 metres long and 2 metres wide. I don't think it was a pipe since it was along the cut, parallel with the water.

One theory I have is that the sand was worn down to a level where there could be rock or black sand in that area. Just very odd that this area was a hot spot for the ExpII since it was in the main swimming area away from the rocks. Any ideas?

Not a bad day out though after finding a bracelet at the water line and uncovering a treasure strip (I call it where alot of drops are found in a small area...this 5 metre strip yielded almost all of my 30 coin finds for the day).

cheers...Keith

Salt water beaches are just tough to detect due to the salt sand especially when it gets wet...and change from day to day due to wave action...I would bet due to the wave action it may be leaving an iron oxide of sorts at this particuliar area of the wave action and tomorrow you may find a different condition as saltwater beaches vary and even the same beach varies from day to day..Heck just hunt where the machine is stable as beaches provide a lot of area to hunt...