Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quesion...About copys..

LS hunter

I seen a post about detectors being copyed..What to look for the so called tattle tale signs?Thx..Is this just a T2 thing are is it all detectors..Thx all..

I think it was mainly the T2 and the copied version looks like the original green T2 I think they call it the Gold Finder. It's made in China so you know that it's definitely JUNK! I just bought a T2 Classic and I absolutely love it and am Thankful to God that Teknetics re-released it. It's a heck of a machine.

Hows the EMFs this time around.I had one about 8 years ago and i had some trouble with interference..Thx for the info..

Some T2's and Gold Bug models were apparently counterfeit. I don't know if it's a thing of the past or if its still being done. Apart from a serial number check, I don't know how they could be easily identified as counterfeit models.

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/counterfit.htm

I would have said that if you are not sure on what too look out for,only buy from a official Teknetics dealer,then you should not have any worries.

LS hunter said:
Hows the EMFs this time around.I had one about 8 years ago and i had some trouble with interference..Thx for the info..

They are awesome I've ran it in areas that normally have gave other detectors I've owned trouble with EMI but this new T2 Classic purred like a kitten with sensitivity turned wide open.

Initially when i bought mine i had slight problems with interference it turned out to be my switched on mobile phone which was in my pocket,when i switched it off the problem went away.

Easy way to avoid your dilemma -

Buy

Teknetics T2 from a reputable Dealer

GoldFinder 2 from China Direct

Viking from the Ukraine

Don't Buy

Teknetics T2 from China

GoldFinder 2 from USA

Anything from the Ukraine

I hope this helps and for the record, most US manufacturers use Chinese manufctured parts/components to some degree so Chinese manufacturing is not as shyte as others are happy to point out - ;)