Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quest for absolutely nothing but peace and solace turns up this....

Hotcz70

an old 14K White Gold Band:yikes:

[attachment 246151 ringsheryl.jpg]

Thanks to the wonderful weather this weekend my girlfriend "allowed" me to hunt:cool:

As long as I agreed to walk the dogs with her and her daughter...I was granted 1 hour to hunt at my beat up home town park.:)

As most of you know I have been on a "low conductor" kick lately and I decided to hunt right on top of the area by the lake where everyone sunbathed back in the 50's and 60's.

How do I know this since I wasn't born until 1963?...because my "pops" told me he spent much time there back in the day.

I have hammered it before and found quite a few mercs...but never messed with lower hits.

Anyway...right to the point. ...the SE pro sniffed out this nice 14K white gold band and Sheryl actually got the honor of digging it up.

[attachment 246152 ringsheryl2.jpg]

She and her daughter walked along with me until my coil passed over something I felt they should bend down and dig.

I had already moved on to the next signal after locating it and pointing to her where to dig.

I nearly loaded my shorts when she yelped out what she unearthed.:)

She was excited enough to let me take a pic of her and her daughter...even though she whined around about not having any makeup on:bouncy:

[attachment 246153 ringsheryl3.jpg]

YES...she did dig a few...okay quite a few lead sinkers:rolleyes:...but I don't need to show them:bouncy:

Just another example of a shocker find when I least expected it. It's exactly why I love the hobby.:)

My best buddy also liked the find so he was more than willing to pose with it and get some forum air time:clapping:

[attachment 246154 ringsheryl4.jpg] [attachment 246155 ringsheryl5.jpg]

We then drove up the hill to the park area for a while and they walked the dogs around the circle drive while I used the ctx for a while.

I only got one keeper but it was this crusty old V-Nickel from an honest 8"+ down...so I was pleased.
[attachment 246150 vctx2.jpg]

Nice score bud. I know about them fishin sinkers!
Herk looks dapper as always.:biggrin:

n/t

Thats a heavy looking one Bryce. Those are hard to come by dirt hunting so that makes it super special. Do you rent you diggers out??? My sand is a lot easier to dig and you dont need a coat in a few months to do it. Thou i doubt they'd like all the no dogs allowed signs now days on all the beaches. My Jack Russell loves the beach.... especially the crab holes.

Dew

Very nice find Bryce!! I can only imagine how much shallower gold I've passed over in my years. In old parks and such I tend to check out lower tones if they are deep - but most that are fairly shallow I pass over because I would have to spend all day digging them. That's the trade off!
Bruce
P.S. Saturday after work is "date night" but Sundays are MINE!!

I haven't found any gold in what seems like an etetnity. Glad you are getting some reward for the extra digging. Nice find and great pics. You might be needing that ring:poke:

Great pictures Bryce! Congratulations on the ring and the time spent with others you care about!

NebTrac

Love your pics and story. Spending valuable time with special people while enjoying the hobby is awesome.What did that ring weigh if you don't mind me asking?

Looks like everybody had a sweet time, congratulations Bryce on a nice ring and sweet old v nickel :thumbup:

Good job buddy. I'd say we might want to venture into the shallow water there when it warms up again.
We might be able to find some more jewelry. I've not tried that type of hunting before but why not give it a shot.

Sweet looking pulltab you got there.....:surprised:......!!! :thumbup:

WTG........Hawkeye Jim.