Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quest for fresh drops????

zeekeys

With so many activities going on in town I just had to get out to the places that had all the activity. Again not very exciting results and I did cover a big area where 100's had gathered.
I went out looking for some fresh dropped coins and this is the results. 4 quarters, 2 dimes and 3 pennies. The rest of the coins were 1-4" down. All the people that stopped and asked me how I was doing (6) only one, had change in his pocket. I guess cashless society is not near it is here?? It is lucky I have another exciting hobby standing by. knitting, but the last time I did any knitting, had to go to the ER with a knittng wound to the eye. Don't drink and knit!!! Very dangerous... Thanks for stopping by and Hpaaaay Trails......Z

I know personally I don't get or keep coins in my everyday transactions, so I time goes on those clad drops are going to get fewer and fewer. I do believe a guy can still get a lot of coins down in that two to three inch range for years to come. Never tried knitting but golf seems fun to me.I like trying to find the old coins and they are definitely getting harder to find but I love the hunt.

Thanks for reply. I am the same way, when I get change I throw it into a tub and when the tub fills up I cash it in and buy something I would not buy with retirement money. That goes for metal detecting money also except the quarters my wife uses those for wash money. As far as golf goes when I was young we did the same kind of exercise. We would all get into one car and drive down to the next watering hole. Never made 9 holes. :rofl: Thanks still looking 52....Z

Times are getting tough, The 6 that stopped did you ask for them to throw some change ?? ---------after1----------

The only fresh drop I remember finding this year was laying under my truck and I saw it glinting in the sun when I was getting ready to call it quits one day. I think once the crops are in this fall I am going to put more time into relic hunting with the hopes of finding some good coins, who knows. The highlight of this year was a silver dime streak that dried up as quick as it started. The other options that I have been working on in preparation for some milder temps is practicing with a sniper coil and acquiring the biggest coil I can get for the F75 to see if I can punch down a little further in some hard hit spots and reach some good stuff. Considering all but a few of the Merc. dimes I found this spring were eight to ten inches deep I can only imagine how deep the Barbers and such are.

After-1- no I didn't but I have had people throw coins at my metal detector when I was detecting at the beach. I kept them..
Indy I like the smaller coils. Don't much care to dig those 10" guys. I run with the 6.5" coil all the time. I have picked up some of those Barbers, V's, Merc's, injun's and standing liberty's in the 1"-4" range. Not doing any field detecting. Good luck and keep digging.....Z