Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quest for gold gives me an UNEXPECTED GRAND SLAM FIRST:surprised: and an 11" DEEP Injun':thumbup:

That was one fine hunt and an exiting read! Congratulations on your Nickel Slam Bryce! Thanks for the story and the pictures.

NebTrac

That is a great hunt buddy and I never thought I'd see you dig a nickel slam:bouncy:...but you got it done:beers:

Congratulations on your "penta slam" as somebody stated:thumbup:
We will find some gold sooner or later. At least I hope we do!
Let's hope we can get out to the field site after it dries up some. All the rain today will stop us for a few days.:thumbdown:

Most of my spots don't have many wheat cents or other coins left but I have resorted to digging a lot of can slaw and did find a little 10k gold wedding band.
Keep up your hard work. Nice finds and congratulations on a very tough slam!

If I missed anyone...I'm sorry.

LFarthing42 said:
Most of my spots don't have many wheat cents or other coi
LFarthing42 said:
Most of my spots don't have many wheat cents or other coins left but I have resorted to digging a lot of can slaw and did find a little 10k gold wedding band.
ns left but I have resorted to digging a lot of can slaw and did find a little 10k gold wedding band.
Thanks Lance. Maybe someday I'll find some gold!

Big Digger said:
Congratulations on your "penta slam" as somebody stated:thumbup:
We will find some gold sooner or later. At least I hope we do!
Let's hope we can get out to the field site after it dries up some. All the rain today will stop us for a few days.:thumbdown:
I'm ready to hammer that field B-Rad...and thanks.

Dave-IL said:
That is a great hunt buddy and I never thought I'd see you dig a nickel slam:bouncy:...but you got it done:beers:
Thanks buddy. It was definitely a shocker.

NICKLE BABE said:
I KNEW YOU COULD FIND THE NICKLES GREAT JOB:clap:
Thanks...but I sure didn't know.:biggrin:

NebTrac said:
That was one fine hunt and an exiting read! Congratulations on your Nickel Slam Bryce! Thanks for the story and the pictures.
NebTrac
Thanks much Troy

dippodigger said:
Really nice hunt. I can't imagine pulling that slam off! Which coil did you use?
Thanks....ancient Chinese Secret.:bouncy:

jcooking said:
Nice digs, way to go on Nickle-Mania!
Thanks my friend.

Markdb61 said:
Nice work on the nickels. A shield is on my want list. Your hard work and perseverence paid off with a "mega 5 slam". You give me some hope as I usually turn up more pulltabs than anything else. Sorry about the auction link and thanks for letting me post.
Thanks Marl...and you're welcome

Damar2003 said:
Congrats on the nickel slam and a great hunt ! !
Thanks Damar

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
Congrats, first nickel slam I ever saw posted.
Thanks Chris. It will never happen again for me. My back won't take it:clapping:

Elton said:
:clapping: Nice job Bryce............ actually a nice bunch of nickles with that Great Indian Penny for Show !!
Man ............. 11" is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep......... Impressed as usual my friend !!

Indian Pennies, and Buf Nickles have always been two of my favorite coins........
Thanks brother.

drkp88 said:
Great stuff Bryce !! When I'm in an older but "junk target busy" area I tend to dig most deeper signals even if they don't sound like silver or IHs. I tend to find a reasonable amount of older nickels this way (artifacts too).
Bruce.
p.s. don't worry about too many posts. Folks can read 'em or not - it's their choice.
Thanks Bruce. Much appreciated

McDave said:
Congrats on the Grand Slam !:cheers:
It looks to me like nickels take a beating in the ground just about everywhere. I thought I was the only one .. :laugh:
Thanks Dave. Every nickel I dug looked like it had been soaked in acid:biggrin:

bugg said:
5 nickels.... maybe a penta-slam???
Sounds good bugg.

dewcon4414 said:
Welcome to my world Bryce haha. You should see my pouch after a beach hunt. Hunting for gold is WORK. Man..... but those nickels are cool beans. Looks like you were zeroed in on those Med gold rings.......
Dew
Thanks Dew. I don't know if I like your world...cause my back is killing me:crylol:

Ron from Michigan said:
Bryce,wow excellent hunt.Thanks HH Ron
Thanks old friend

Critterhunter said:
Bryce, great job there! Dug quite a few buffs, Vs, and war nickels, but still a shield nickel eludes me.
Herc looks like he's putting on his winter coat maybe? Good pic, & once again good job...
Thanks Critter. Yep...the thick coat is comin':angel:

Hawkeye Jim said:
Great hunt Bryce...........I'm guessing the pulltab to gold ratio must be somewhere around 1,000 to 1.........maybe even higher!!! :confused:
Thanks Jim. I'm thinkin' higher:cheers:

niterider_58 said:
I just got home and thought I would look and see what everyone had found this weekend and I see your post first ever nickel grand slam I almost fainted:surprised: I hope everybody realizes what a big deal this really is I am really stoked for you. We've been on so many hunts together you've probably found enough silver to fill the back of my pickup truck full and then some, and only when you got bored would you ever even think about digging a low conductor just for the heck of it unless we were at some really really old house or field. So congratulations on a fantastic day, you truly are the best.:beers:
Thanks yeti. I'm not so hot at nickels...but I am making some strides.:)

deeponedge said:
In all our hunts together you are usually busy extracting silver but I know its getting tough.
Good to see you cracking the low conductor barrier. You get it done. WTG on the "shocker" slam.

silverfix said:
That is a hunt you will never forget and one you can be proud of!
I got the trifecta once but have never heard of anybody finding all 5 different. Congrats:cheers:

I'm lucky to even find 4 coins at most of my pummeled sites and that being said; it's clad most of the time...lol.
Back in 2003 my buddy found 3 different nickle trifectas that same year with his fisher but it's a MUCH harder today to even dream of doing so!
Congrats!
PS: did you ever use Fishers back in the day? Don't mean to put you on the spot but just curious.

Congrats on the Nickle slam Bryce.....With the silver coins becoming harder
to find because of getting scarse, it's nice to hear about finding some old
nickles and gold rings occasionally. Well done.....Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Back in 2002 I found a 6-way slam... seated half dime, shield nickel, v nickel, buffalo, war nickel, and plain jeff nickel. I didn't realize it til the end of the day of hunting when I went through my finds and discovered I needed the v nickel to complete the whole run. It took me 2 1/2 more hours of fighting mosquitos in the dark and suffering through 2 more buffalos and a jeff nickel before I finally got that v nickel. Thoses were the days! Now it's hard to even get a good nickel signal! Take care and HH, Mike.

I frequent a few different sites and I havent heard of anybody pulling off that slam in nearly 10 years. Signals just aren't as plentiful after all the public sites have been worked as hard as they have. I can't even fathom that slam being done today. Good job mate.