Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quest headphone came

ohio fred

Quest headphone came mine won't sync up to equinox 800 they work if I hook up through that wm -08 thing that came with the equinox.Seem like very nice headphone .I will see if I can return them have them looked at really like them. I will see what options I have.Still really cold here hope to use them by summer.

Quest headphone came mine won't sync up to equinox 800 they work if I hook up through that wm -08 thing that came with the equinox.Seem like very nice headphone .I will see if I can return them have them looked at really like them. I will see what options I have.Still really cold here hope to use them by summer.
Just to be sure, you turned the headphones on and held the power button down till a second beep, while the Equinox is off. Then powered up the Equinox and hit the bluetooth button. If that didn't get it connected, hold in the bluetooth switch to restart the machines handshake again. It'll try again and maybe good news. You maybe tried all this already.

Headphone light flashing red and blue then make sure the detector wifi is off. Now hold in the wifi on detector till the wifi symbol is flashing. Keep the headphones very close to the detector. Mine took close to 30 seconds to pair the first time. After that they pair instantly.

Tried everything have to ship them back .But it was kind of warm hear today so I hooked them hooked them up through the wm-08 and took equinox out in yard .So I have coins buried in different parts of yard stayed out for half hour tried different settings the headphones work really well nice headphone to me they are pretty clear on deep targets did not seem to miss anything on targets i have buried ,swinging fast or slow hit some items in range 20 to 27 id that i did not know were there deep on depth reading .To cold to muddy to dig marked the spot..To me they seem to sound better than one's that came with machine.Would half to try them in a test.Wont be warm here for another month or 2.About 38 degrees out today.Thanks to everyone for replys.

Tried everything have to ship them back .But it was kind of warm hear today so I hooked them hooked them up through the wm-08 and took equinox out in yard .So I have coins buried in different parts of yard stayed out for half hour tried different settings the headphones work really well nice headphone to me they are pretty clear on deep targets did not seem to miss anything on targets i have buried ,swinging fast or slow hit some items in range 20 to 27 id that i did not know were there deep on depth reading .To cold to muddy to dig marked the spot..To me they seem to sound better than one's that came with machine.Would half to try them in a test.Wont be warm here for another month or 2.About 38 degrees out today.Thanks to everyone for replys.
This seller is very good. I had issues with delivery, caused by all this bad weather mess, and he was automatically ready to help and re-ship. He was so quick in responses to me, you'll be satisfied. One of the best Ebay sellers I've had.

Quest headphone came mine won't sync up to equinox 800 they work if I hook up through that wm -08 thing that came with the equinox.Seem like very nice headphone .I will see if I can return them have them looked at really like them. I will see what
Mine came yesterday. They paired the first time but were very scratchy, sounded terrible. I tired them again and they wouldn't connect. I tried several times.
Then I tried with my second 800 and they worked and sounded fine.
Tried again with the first 800 and a no go. I'll give them another try tonight.

***UPDATE***
I took my headphones out last evening to try in a real world situation.
Before this I had only air tested them. I was disappointed with them. I normally use the ML-80 unit with Gray Ghost headphones and these headphones show an obvious lag.
Are they usable? Yes and no. I personally will not be using them for detecting. The lag was not extreme like a normal headphone without low latency but it was enough that I will continue to use my ML-80.
It's a shame because they fit great and sound great but the lag is just enough for my own personal preference to not use them.
I can tell you the lag on these is much worse than the stock headphones that Minelab sells. The stock headphones lag is not noticeable for me.

I am sure some will say they don't mind it.
This is just my own opinion.

***UPDATE***
I took my headphones out last evening to try in a real world situation.
Before this I had only air tested them. I was disappointed with them. I normally use the ML-80 unit with Gray Ghost headphones and these headphones show an obvious lag.
Are they usable? Yes and no. I personally will not be using them for detecting. The lag was not extreme like a normal headphone without low latency but it was enough that I will continue to use my ML-80.
It's a shame because they fit great and sound great but the lag is just enough for my own personal preference to not use them.
I can tell you the lag on these is much worse than the stock headphones that Minelab sells. The stock headphones lag is not noticeable for me.

I am sure some will say they don't mind it.
This is just my own opinion.
I noticed it right off too. The B80s are just barely better. I have increased the recovery speed with the Quest and it seems to work. I still prefer my Trond HPs. They are getting worn though. I can manage with the Quests by running my 600 set at 3 recovery, the 800 is working set at 5, using the 11" coil. Oddly, I'm not noticing much loss of depth.