Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about 3KHz

pierre87

In January I may buy a disk frequency 3 KHz for my 705, is it really worth knowing that I own the 7.5 coiltek (WOT)? Advice needed knowing that I do not want a large disk because too tiring and it weakens the armrest.

If you don't have massive trash to sort through the 9" 3kHz CC is a good coil to have, and not too heavy.
Of the three WOT coils, the LF is the heaviest.

thanks for the info. No my fields are not trashy. The only trashy one, i do with the little 18 KHz for roman coins :detecting:

I usto not like the concentric coils for no other reason than reading all the rave about the dd coils..One night I put the stock concentric coil on and re hunted a site I’ve hit numerous times and found a ton of coins and a ring..Changed my whole way of looking at the concentric coil,Longhair is definitely right on the 9 inch 3 kHz..

pierre87 said:
So you recommande the concentric?
Until the advent of the 6" & 15" DD 3kHz coils the 9" was my favorite.

[attachment 353291 IMG_20171230_1109181.jpg]

thanks for all your advices, i received my coil today with a few goodies. No bolt and nut for the coil, that's a bad point but on the plus one the cover was with it.

:thumbup: That's great Pierre!
I can't wait for your impression of it at your sites, and I'm eager to see what cool stuff you find.

today, 1h30 out hunting with the new coil on previously hunted ground with the 7,5KHz and the WOT 7,5KHz. Nothing! just a iron bracelet on the surface, tomorrow another test, but for the moment i'm not impressed. The terrain in question was full of coins, i was hoping to gain some depth with the 3 KHz

Just picked a 3kHz coil new for a good price. Hunted for an hour and 30 minutes ans surprisingly picked up coins in a hunted out local park. Took about 10-15 minutes to get the hang of the 3kHz coil , but then the signals started popping. One hole had 2 pennies 1 dime and 1 nickel. Not too shabby. I think I like this coil.

that's great nuff coils! For me at the moment only a few coins (1600 -1791) but almost unreadable. I think it is because of the minerals in the terrain, concentric does not good on it, lower than 28 on ground balance. My double D is doing beter

No doubt that the 15" 3kHz coil would see deeper and handle the minerals better, but you wanted to avoid the weight. And not knowing what mineral levels are there, or whether they are magnetic or conductive is another impediment to recommending specific coils.
Have you tried offsetting the GB at all? In some cases it can be a big benefit.

If anyone is interested, I just re-posted my 3Hz Coiltek 6" DD "Digger" coil in the classified section... If I still had my 705 I would't be without that coil! ..Thanks, TJR aka 88SIII