Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about 5"x10" DD Coil

Dick from IA

When I purchased my X70, the 5"x10" DD Coil was part of the special package offered by the dealer.

I have been reading posts by some who use this coil almost exclusively, but I'm not exactly sure what they're using it for. I know it's supposed to be very effective on gold nuggets, which we don't have here.

Is it effective as a coin and jewelry coil? And, if so, which modes are recommended. i.e. Auto GB with set patterns or Manual GB All Metal Mode?

I'd like to try it out, so knowing what to do with it would help. Any advice would sure be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have gotten better depth on coins and beach stuff with a 7.5kHz coil but I am using the 5X10 DD coil in all trashy areas. I don't do much relic hunting, so I mostly use the 5X10 DD coil. With the features of the X70, there seems to a lot of undeveloped potential. Many feel that a small coil, especially a small DD coil would release this undeveloped potential.

The 5" X 10" HF coil is better in trashy areas than the 9" concentric due to the shape of the electric field of the coil. I haven't tried it yet, but the 5" x 10" coil is also supposed to be better - more stable - at the ocean beaches.