Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about a good price on a Surfmaster II Plus

hibby

I've been involved in ground-based detectors for many years and I have a good feeling for their value. However, I am looking at getting in to a water detector (probably 100% freshwater) and am thinking of getting a used Surfmaster II with an Amphibian II coil and headphones - somewhere close to 10 years old or so but in good working order. I am just curious if any of you would help me out by giving me your opinions on what a good asking price is for one? Someone I know is selling one and hem-hawing as to what the price should be and I have no idea what to offer. Thanks for your help.

Chris aka hibby

I would say $250-$300 would be a reasonable price if it's in very good condition.....make sure you have the case "O" ring checked before you go in to water. This is a great fresh water detector...not suited for salt water hunting...but I have used one on wet salt sand with fair results.Good luck!!

myself,i wouldnt choose a PI for fresh water as there is too much junk around lakes for a PI. you would spend most of your time diggin trash metal as PI's dont discriminate well at all.id go with a Excal from Minelab or a Tesoro Tiger Shark.both work well in fresh water,and the TS has a lifetime warranty! good luck.

[quote Bling]myself,i wouldnt choose a PI for fresh water as there is too much junk around lakes for a PI. you would spend most of your time diggin trash metal as PI's dont discriminate well at all.id go with a Excal from Minelab or a Tesoro Tiger Shark.both work well in fresh water,and the TS has a lifetime warranty! good luck.[/quote]

I didn't think the older surfmasters were PI

[quote Bling]myself,i wouldnt choose a PI for fresh water as there is too much junk around lakes for a PI. you would spend most of your time diggin trash metal as PI's dont discriminate well at all.id go with a Excal from Minelab or a Tesoro Tiger Shark.both work well in fresh water,and the TS has a lifetime warranty! good luck.[/quote] It is a nice detector for lakes...but if you spend $297.00 you can get a Detector PRO PIRATE!! SWEET DETECTOR!!

[size=medium]I just bought a 1995 Surfmaster and it is a PI machine, it was called back then the Pulse Diver. Lost Treasure did a write up on them in one of the earlier issues, I believe in 1996. The asking price for mine was 300.00, I did a little better and bought a new O-ring just in case, it cost 8.95 and I bought 2 extra battery holders at 3.95 each, the only issue I had was the shipping was 10.00 for a package that weighed less than a 1/2lb!!! I haven't used it yet as things are still frozen here and my FL trip keeps having unexpected delays! [/size]

[size=medium]P.S. The post above suggested eBay, although I don't like feeding the FeeBay money machine there is currently one out there with the coil you wanted by a good seller who has 100% feedback. Go to eBay and type in Surfmaster, currently it is only 174.00 was made in 1997. Hope this helps![/size]