Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about civil war troop movements

pulltabfelix

I have some ravines with small creeks in an area where the confederates advanced to get to "dug in" union positions. Would the confederate troops likely advance using the ravines as cover? or the higher ground to the right and left of their advance. The confederate troop movement was in the direction of the ravine long ways, not like perpendicular to the creek.

They could be anywhere and everywhere.
I guess you are right. It depends where the generals instructed their battalion commanders told them to go. In the Battle of Peachtree Creek in the Battle for Atlanta, one whole confederated division got lost and ended up in a swamp and did not make it to the battle in time and was not able to protect their right flank like they were supposed to do. Fog of war type of deal.

Sounds like you have a good place to hunt. That's half the battle right there!
They have been hunted quite heavily in the 70's and 80's. Lots of reports of guys finding handfuls of 3 ringers, buttons on a hunt. But not so more, but we hunt what is available. It doesn't take much to make me happy on a hunt. This is a great hobby regardless of what you find. Finding good stuff is just icing on the cake.