Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about coils

Dr.Deus

At kellyco they sell coils for the Tesoro detectors and it says they give you the option for Coil with short cable or coil with long cable. why do they sell them at different lengths? I'm going to try and answer my own question by saying. the longer lengths cable is for the tall man shafts?? and the short cable is for the standard stock shafts? And what is the proper way to swing a 3"x18" wide scan search coil. What is its purpose. is it a DD configuration?.

Long cable is mainly for the detectors that you can hip mount in a bag, like the Lobo ST and a few of the older models. The short cable is for most other cases, like the

Amazing thanks so much for letting me know. I think its safe to say that i am going to purchase a new Tesoro Golden umax. It seems like it will be a lot of fun to use.Looking forward to sharing my finds with the Tesoro gang.Thanks again and HH!
tvr said:
Long cable is mainly for the detectors that you can hip mount in a bag, like the Lobo ST and a few of the older models. The short cable is for most other cases, like the

Stick around and ask your questions. This bunch is very knowledgeable and helpful.
BB

I have a 10X12 DD coil I bought from another hunter that has that long cord that I use on my Vaquero.
No big deal, I just wrap it around the shaft a few more times and it stays out of the way.

If I ever hunted a creek this cord could come in handy.
I could leave my control box and shaft safe and dry on the bank but get into the water and manipulate the coil by hand.
They also make extension cables to really get out there, also.

DD coils are a little better in mineralized soil, but you give up a little bit of sharpness on the disc.
I don't have a 3X18, but I use my 10X12 for the same purpose which is covering large, wide open areas a little quicker and more efficiently than with concentric coils and I never get the feeling I am missing much.

REVIER said:
I have a 10X12 DD coil I bought from another hunter that has that long cord that I use on my Vaquero.
No big deal, I just wrap it around the shaft a few more times and it stays out of the way.

If I ever hunted a creek this cord could come in handy.
I could leave my control box and shaft safe and dry on the bank but get into the water and manipulate the coil by hand.
They also make extension cables to really get out there, also.

DD coils are a little better in mineralized soil, but you give up a little bit of sharpness on the disc.
I don't have a 3X18, but I use my 10X12 for the same purpose which is covering large, wide open areas a little quicker and more efficiently than with concentric coils and I never get the feeling I am missing much.

I can also see someone hanging the control box on a cord around their neck for wading using the longer cable. Lots of good finds to be had in the water up to waist deep.

::Update:: Ok so my Tesoro golden umax deal fell through. i ordered one from metaldetectors.com but by the third day i reviewed my purchase and i noticed that my order hasnt been processed yet so i cancelled it. i Trust most of the dealers on finds treasure forums but im not familiar with meteldetectors.com. so i guess i wait.. HH guys, find that gold.