Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about cord length on AT PRO standard headphones

SteveP(NH)

For those who have an AT PRO in the their possession right now - the fellow who put his AT PRO up for sale mentioned that the cord length on the headphones was so short you couldn't set it on the ground and dig at the same time as the headphones kept getting pulled off of his head. I went and looked at pictures of guys using the AT PRO on Garrett's website and it looks like the cord is only 3 or 4 feet long and it is stretched tight when guys are just in search mode, sweeping the detector back and forth, holding in the normal search position.

Can somebody measure how long the cord is without it being stretched excessively?

I am a relic hunter who mostly hunts on farms where I can use a shovel to dig. I usually make 3 cuts a little bit deeper than the depth read out on the machine and then pry the plug out an over all while holding my detector in my left hand, then I stick the shovel into the ground 2 o 3 feet from the hole and use it as a stand for my detector while I get out the propointer and recover the target. Is the cord long enough to use the shovel as a detector stand like this and then be able to kneel down next to hole and recover the target, the cord would need to be about 5 or 6 feet long for this to work. The cord length on Sunray headphones (for example) is the perfect length for this.

I'd like to assemble the wire, electrical tape (I've only got bright green tape at the moment and would want to buy some black) and shrink tubing to extend the length of the cord before my machine arrives is the cord is as short as it looks.

I guess since all they have done is to air test the machines they haven't needed to use the headphones and so haven't looked at the cord length yet. :shrug:

I did notice in 2 out of 3 photos of their field testers using the machine the testers were wearing the headphones backwards so that the left earcup with the cable coming out of it was on their right ear so it would be closer to the machine. Guess I will have to assemble 3 feet of wire to extend the cord length based on those photos alone since neither John nor anyone else will measure their headphone cords.