Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about discrimination/tone

SkiWhiz

Haven't used my DeepTech enough to know but watching some videos got me to wondering if changing the discrimination setting has an effect on the high low tone.

I've got the warrior and the only thing I notice is on iron on deep iron I'll get high tone low tone roll if I turn or max out discriminate it goes to low tone I dig all targets and these seem to be 3" old square nails or old pieces of iron.Foil and newer pull tabs will be high tone but when you work your coil coming off target I get a high tone low tone mix or break in high tone right at the end of the coil.Coins and good targets are smooth easy high tones with no break in high tone.

The best thing to do is set a few hours aside of detecting to experiment with signals and adjust the machine then dig, many varibles with minerals and so on but finding a target then fully adjust the disc then listen to audio change is a great way to learn signals fast. will help you out in many ways.