Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about ET

EddieB

Hello All, I've just noticed after a week working with the ET that I can hold the detector up off the ground in any direction, any height and pivot the coil back and forth on the lower shaft and it falses with every movement. It does it with the X8 also. This does not seem right to me. What do you guys think? EddieB

What is your sensativity set at? if in auto i would not have expected it to do that, I will check it out on mine.

i.e. You get hold of the coil and pivot it about its head bolt?

You use the word PIVOT.....pivoting the coil, not simply pointing it in different directions by pivoting your body.

Please clarify if you will........

Hey Matt, I keep the coil bolt on the coil loose and the coil will pivot,(move up and down). Ray got back with me and he test his with sensitivity up to max and he got only an occasional false. I called Dick @ ML and he says that is normal. It does it with the x8 also. Thanks EddieB

Just tested my machine on Sens 27 and no falsing when I pivot the coil, check that nothing has got under the coil cover as there is a small gap on the cross bar.

Thanks for reply Eddie............The reply from Dick is what I would have given, in the circumstances of a 'loose head'.

That is based on the thought that the actual lead from the head, to where it enters the shafting, is flexing slightly whilst in close proximity to the coil.

Hope you are having success with your new E-Trac.......MattR.UK.

Hello Matt, Thanks for your response. This forum is really great and I'm believing the ET is going to be a great detector for me. All you guys with all your experiences will be a great help to all. Are you anywhere near Berkshire Parish? Happy Hunting. EddieB