Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about gold and foil on the Vision.

Big Boys Hobbies

We all know some gold rings fall in the foil range. Since you have the analyze feature with the sizing feature can you tell the difference in between foil and a ring while in analyze mode? All info is appreciated!

Thanks and HH!

From what I have read no you can't when they make a machine that can to that I will have one

Could you test on different K and see if there is a change between 10K, 14K, 18K, I do notice the probability reading on foil drops a great deal. Can you say if the sound is different between rings and pull tabs. Dan

Daniel A. said:
Could you test on different K and see if there is a change between 10K, 14K, 18K, I do notice the probability reading on foil drops a great deal. Can you say if the sound is different between rings and pull tabs. Dan

In the common program I have been testing inside the tone seems to be the same. But that is through the speaker did not have the headphones on. The ring I tested was 10K.
I have a few 14k left but most are small with stones sold all of my large rings and wedding bands when gold was up. I have no 18K. here is a 14K ring.

+14 69%...I would dig that...I do hate foil, but would dig that ;-)

Jerry

The foil ball has a simlar wave form but the percentage is lower and the width is smaller. However the ring could be on edge and give a small target but again the percentage. Just throwing something in the pile. I just think you are going to have to bury a few things and get used to how they look. One of the things that is apparent though is the rings signal is smooth and beter porporitioned and the percentage is higher. The dirt may blow everything away. Won't know till dirt time. Just interesting to me though. Thanks Jason. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil said:
The foil ball has a simlar wave form but the percentage is lower and the width is smaller. However the ring could be on edge and give a small target but again the percentage. Just throwing something in the pile. I just think you are going to have to bury a few things and get used to how they look. One of the things that is apparent though is the rings signal is smooth and beter porporitioned and the percentage is higher. The dirt may blow everything away. Won't know till dirt time. Just interesting to me though. Thanks Jason. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

This is fun to play with but do not know how it will work in the real world. Does show what it can do in a perfect world. The percentage thing i did not even notice until after it was posted and some one pointed it out. Both rings read 14 and 69% coincidence I am sure but interesting. Would like to see what these look like on a smaller 4X6 coil as I think it will see less ground and you may just be able to pull some gold from parks with out having to dig every foil tab target. Maybe would be sweet if you could.

Jason

Same smooth signal same percentage, same ID# but, one shows smaller which don't mean much as it can be on edge. Seems like the important thing is the nice heights of the wave forms compared to the pull tabs. I will be looking for your posts in the dirt. Thanks HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hey Guys,

I hope that you don't mine me jumping in.

This is a interesting conversation. This past Saturday, I took my 4 rings to the beach and had a little different results. Some were 14kt white gold and at least one was 14kt gold. I buried them one at a time at a measured depth of 7 inches. Of course they were buried them in a plastic bag. The rings ranged in size of #4, #10, and I believe the other two were a size 12.

I tried it in the coin & jewelry mode and the Salt beach mode. I had no trouble detecting them but I did notice that each one had a different VDI numbers but in range and the width varied.

The only thing that was different was the color of the gold and the size of the rings.

May try this with different sizes and types of tabs to see what happens.

BOB

Thanks Jason the % is one more tool that appears to tell a good story. That's what I needed to see that helps separate the pull tabs nicely and I feel would be even better in the ground. Thanks again. Dan

Hi Bob even with the MXT the VDI numbers can be almost anywhere in the low range as long as it's stable. Did you happen to notice the probability % as that is what I'm looking for as Jason's air test shows the difference between foil/ pulltabs and the good stuff. Will be interesting to see if that % is as good in the ground as air suggests. Dan

If I was after gold I would be digging every one of those signals initially. The potential of the system comes in by being able to identify the next 20 pull tabs at that location and not dig those. When you hunt a site, especially one like a beach that is constantly hunted, you tend to find the same type of pull tabs over and over there. Being able to pick one of those out by the signal and see another that is close but not the same through all the information the V gives you is its where its power is. Then you can dig less trash. If you are hunting for gold (especially beach) and choose to not dig anyone of those signals at first because of something you see visually on those screen shots I guarantee you are missing gold too.

I noticed one difference between the pulltabs vs foil/gold that seemed to be consistent. The 7.5 and 22.5 khz waves are much closer together on the pulltabs. Definitely could tell the difference between a pulltab and a similar VDI large gold ring if you swung over them.