Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about Legend battery recharge for both the wireless headset and detector, also what the timeline would be for battery life on the unit.

TRIPLE-SSS

Hi, new to this forum, been using the Garrett forum over the years and recently bought a Legend and just think it’s a great unit. Question, How long does the battery last on the Legend unit after recharging it over and over, ( not the spare battery ) the one that is on the detector. My average shelf life on my cordless power tools is only a couple years when using them all the time and I know that the more you re-charge to shorter the life of the battery. Also, based on normal usage, how many hours do you get on your headset and detector after a full charge?
Thanks
TRIPLE-SSS 🤔

Battery life is a subject I have had issues with but it really depends on how you are using it. 4K frquency , backlight , vibration etc all change the duration you will get from a charge. I don't use the wireless headsets so can't comment on that but I have gotten battery warnings in as little as 4 hours using 4k with a bright backlight and constant illumination. I haven't seen the recharge cycle ratings on the Legend batteries but most lithium type batteries seem to advertise 1000 to 2000 cycles of life.

Hi, new to this forum, been using the Garrett forum over the years and recently bought a Legend and just think it’s a great unit. Question, How long does the battery last on the Legend unit after recharging it over and over, ( not the spare battery ) the one that is on the detector. My average shelf life on my cordless power tools is only a couple years when using them all the time and I know that the more you re-charge to shorter the life of the battery. Also, based on normal usage, how many hours do you get on your headset and detector after a full charge?
Thanks
TRIPLE-SSS 🤔
Just like a cell phone. How old is yours and how is the battery, no difference really.
Use it and years from now have a new one put in if its not to your liking.
Im sure even when it starts to wear down you will get a few hours of use on a charge. If your hunts are only a few hours long you should still be fine just charge it when you get home. If at that time you still hunt for like 10 hours a day you might want to have it replaced for a new one.

On the battery issue i must look at things differently. I just throw my phone on the charger every day when i go to sleep and it charges in a couple hours.
Never an issue.
Some people must just let it go for as many days, hours as possible before they want to put it on a charger.
To each their own how they want to charge things but to me its no effort to just plug something in when i take a nap, go to sleep or just watch some tv and it’s always ready with a full charge when i go to use it.
I found that even though they say the battery has no memory they always last very long when you keep it charged all the time rather than wait until it completely discharges to charge it. Just my experience over many years.

The Legend battery is lithium polymer, not lithium ion. Supposedly one can top off the battery and leave it plugged in until next outing. Ref the 4khz….. if everything else turned off then I was getting 4-5 hrs as well. Noticeably longer with the 6” coil. The other day I accidentally left it charging overnight and I was able to run over 3 hrs with the 11” on at 4khz, and then the first bar of power dropped off. Still scratching my head on that one.
Otherwise if running M settings your arm will fall off before it runs out of battery (if out on a single run).

The Legend battery is lithium polymer, not lithium ion. Supposedly one can top off the battery and leave it plugged in until next outing. Ref the 4khz….. if everything else turned off then I was getting 4-5 hrs as well. Noticeably longer with the 6” coil. The other day I accidentally left it charging overnight and I was able to run over 3 hrs with the 11” on at 4khz, and then the first bar of power dropped off. Still scratching my head on that one.
Otherwise if running M settings your arm will fall off before it runs out of battery (if out on a single run).
Thanks!