Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about minelab excalibur charger adaptor

DigDugNY

So this may sound like a dumb question, but with the minelab Excalibur charger adaptor comes that's rubber piece that sits over the contact pins. Are you supposed to remove that when charging the batteries or is it there for protection when you screw that other piece on?

DigDugNY said:
So this may sound like a dumb question, but with the minelab Excalibur charger adaptor comes that's rubber piece that sits over the contact pins. Are you supposed to remove that when charging the batteries or is it there for protection when you screw that other piece on?
I leave mine installed in the chraging adaptor all the time, but you can charge without it as it will have no effect on charging the batteries, nor will it hurt anything if charging without it.

You MUST have it in place when using the Excall as it completes the water proof seal between the battery and the power cord. If the rubber gasket is not there you can get water in the connectors and corrosion will eat away the connections. The one on the battery charger is a good spare in case you lose the one on the power cord.

You don't need it to charge your batteries, it's a spare casket for your detector.

n/t

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure