Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about pinpointing

A

Anonymous

Is the explorer the same as other machines in that if pinpoint is off from spot of where it should be, it's not a good target? Thanks men. D.

It could be, at least if its an iron signal. other times it might appear to be off on a coin or even buckles etc on edge, much more than the sov seemed to be on them. I find if you take a little more time pinpointing, lifting th ecoil and checking it a few times before the first dig, it gets easier and closer to where the target is. Main thing is how it sounds in disc, if your getting a good solid hit in more than one direction without a lot of nulling or high pitched ping from only one direction its a good target.. or at least its not iron. only time iron seems to hit solid is when it is round or square with an opening like an iron buckle, but thats a good thing. The toine is still a dead give away its probably iron, but if its repeating it might be good iron. Its tough to really get a good enough pinpoint on deep stuff in high iron or trash, as the shallower junk likes to over ride the signal from the good target, so more than not, if it sounds real good in disc it is good, no matter where it seems to pinpoint, and in those cases I dig where the signal is in disc using the X method. Sometimes after opening the hole up its easier for it to see the target your looking for in the pinpoint mode.....Jim

if you're reffering to the pinpoint being off in pinpoint mode, compared to where you thought it was in disc, then it's a good chance it's iron. this is a good way to learn the iron falses from a good weak signal, is the targets seem's to move when you go from disc to pinpoint..BUT be caureful that you don't have 2 targets near each other. with a little time, you'll start to know what an iron false sounds like.
if your digging, and your pinpoint is off, then as jim said, it's more than likely something on edge.
HH, joe

This is one tough machine to pinpoint with. Still wouldn't trade it for anything....D

I found a way to pinpoint that seems to work good for me as I will wiggle the loop back to where I lose the signal and the forward again untill I get it and look at the area right in front of the decal on the loop, then turn 90 degrees while still looking at that area where it was before and wiggle the loop to the same area and where the 2 area cross is where center is. I will even go the third time and forth and if it moves a lot it is iron. After i do this i may go back to disc and see if this is where the target is and also how it sound now that you are right on the target. I still dig iron on the questionable targets, but it has help in pinpointing and IDing.
Rick

I really have trouble pinpointing and waste a lot of time digging doing so.
Lets says I am hunting in digitanal and I receive a 28-29-30. But I am still digging all over the place to find the correct post to dig.
Any ideals
I have a Exployer XS.
Thanks,
Gary