Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about resetting back to factory default

I just got my F75 SE back from Fisher, they upgraded the software from 11-14 to the 02-15. Everything seems to be working a lot better except for one issue. When I try to reset it back to the factory default settings, I press and hold down the red menu button while pushing the trigger forward, turn on machine and all it does is sit in the main screen, I do not see the F which supposedly is the sign that it has reset, I have held it for as long as a minute and nothing happens, when I release the button and trigger, all it does is go thru the normal serial number verification . When I go thru the menu, it still has all of my old settings. Am I doing something wrong?

With machine off, push trigger forward hold red button, turn on machine you'll see either 9.0 or 9.1, then let go of red button and trigger and let machine cycle then scroll down and check settings. Should be reset to default Just verified with my unit.

According to the manual, when powered on it should be set to default as below;

Sensitivity preset to 60
Discrimination Level preset to 15
Number of Tones preset to 3
Process# preset to dE

OK, just did a reset, it always goes to Sensitivity at 80. Disc at 0, Tones at 2F, and process at de.

I just tried it again after making some off settings and this is what it reset to the second time as well. I don't know???

What you are doing should reset the machine, I would turn it on and set something like maybe disc to 65 and turn the machine off. Do the red button and trigger deal for reset, turn the machine on and release the trigger and button and let it fire up. Check your disc setting if it is still set at 65 your machine is not right, if it is now zero you are okay.

Now if it is okay, you can go up to what squirrel1 is saying, so when you do a reset while still holding the trigger and red button you will / should see the 9.0 or 9.1, if you want to change from one to the other while still holding the trigger and button you can turn the setting knob and to the right and go to 9.1 or to the left to go to 9.0 and let go of the trigger and button and let her power up.

The 9.0 and 9.1 are the software versions in the machine, the other numbers you see during power up is the date the software was installed.

Hope everything is okay, and keep us updated.

Ron in WV

Ron in WV

Yours is ok. It's reset, go ahead and put in new settings turn off and ready to hunt. (your is like mine)

ThunderDome said:
According to the manual, when powered on it should be set to default as below;

Sensitivity preset to 60
Discrimination Level preset to 15
Number of Tones preset to 3
Process# preset to dE

OK, just did a reset, it always goes to Sensitivity at 80. Disc at 0, Tones at 2F, and process at de.

I just tried it again after making some off settings and this is what it reset to the second time as well. I don't know???

You should have got new manual that gives you the new default settings.
Sensitivity 80
Disc 0
Tones 2 something
processor still DE

Ron in WV

WV62 is correct, Sens 80 is default sens level. Out with the old in with the new with the upgraded units

The one that got me is the new Ground Balance default number. I think it is now something like 80 and the old was something like 60. I just didn't put that to my problem when I went out and had all this ground noise. I posted my problem and the guys here turned on my light bulb. I may have figured that out in 2 or 3 years so I was glad I ask.

So keep that in mind when you get out and do a ground balance, it will not be the same as before.

Ron in WV