Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about setting up machine for the beach

pedrod

I was detecting in the Ocean this weekend and had troubles stabilizing the machine. The coil situation I understand as it was detecting the salt in the water but the unit attached to my belt was sounding off terribly when hit by waves. I had to come in and switch to my land headphones to decrease the volume which I cannot do with the blue diving ones.

Is there any one else who has any advice?

When waves go over the coil is the only time my machine falses, it's just a lot of moving saltwater, makes the threshold ramp up. I have gotten used to it, it sounds nothing like a target, its a real long signal, but then again we have big waves here in southern california, maybe it sounds different with smaller waves. Rest assured, it will still hit a target when a wave is passing over.

About the waterproof headphones, yeah those things are painfully loud, go to Home Depot and get some 1/8" foam or rubber and cut it out and insert it into the ear cups, it will lower the volume a good amount.

Pedrod,

First thing I noticed you mention the control housing was belt mounted? I had falsing when the housing was mounted on my waist in front of me, I called Garrett, they recommended that I mount the housing on the back side of my body. Another issue was the amount of wire I had loose when it was belt mounted, if too much slack wire is waiving around you can pick up the wire movement and get false tones. I also get tones in the 0" to 12" zone as the waves come and go. Also John E has also shown that once the housing is in the water or below this can eliminate some false tones, search his posts.