Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the 3 X 18 Widescan coil ?

Craig

I looked on Tesoro web site to find out what the weight is of the 3x18" Widescan , couldn't find any information. Does anyone know the weight?

Craig,

I to could'nt find the weight listed, but it also comes with a lowerpole & scuff for the price..........guess you'll have to call Tesoro to find out.

HaRM

Don't know the weight but it is a little heavier than the brown donut. I tend to shorten the shaft one click and sweep closer to my feet with the CSC. That counters the extra weight, swinging a little more vertical. Some people turn it around backwards. If it weighed 5 pounds it would still be the one coil I could not do without.

There are two versions of the Clean sweep coil.
The older version weighs 1.8 pounds.
The newer version weighs 1.3 pounds.
No difference in performance.
I've swung both.
If you buy new, you will get the 1.3 pounder.
If you buy used, you'll not know which one you have until you weigh it.
I can't tell them apart visually.

HH
Mike

Thanks all for your replys:thumbup: My question has been answered:thumbup:

is the difference in weight that the older verision is not as boyant in water ?

the weight problem comes in the form of all the finds you will have your bag,,,,,lol

Mike Hillis said:
There are two versions of the Clean sweep coil.
The older version weighs 1.8 pounds.
The newer version weighs 1.3 pounds.
No difference in performance.
I've swung both.
If you buy new, you will get the 1.3 pounder.
If you buy used, you'll not know which one you have until you weigh it.
I can't tell them apart visually.

HH
Mike

I bet you could get the serial number from Tesoro when they started making the lighter version. Then you would know if the used clean sweep coil you want to purchase is the newer lighter version or the older heavier version.

[/quote]

I bet you could get the serial number from Tesoro when they started making the lighter version. Then you would know if the used clean sweep coil you want to purchase is the newer lighter version or the older heavier version.[/quote]

If you do get that information let me know. I would like to know which one I am using. Or I guess I could just weigh it...