Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the all metal mode on the T-2

DonB

When hunting in the all metal mode, I understand it is a single tone mode with a threshold....does it still discriminate targets by the vdi #'s on the screen or is there no discrimination when using the all metal mode...????

Hey Scott...Thanks for your reply...Does it seem to be pretty stable hunting in all metal with a threshold ???

Sorry for all the questions...but from what I've read about the T-2...it sounds like it might just be the detector I've been looking for. I strictly relic hunt for civil war relics...the ground in my area is very mineralized in most of my hunting areas...some areas require to hunt in all metal and you have to re-ground balance very often as you can sweep right over a good target and never hear it if your machine is not balanced to the ground. A pre-set ground balance detector is worthless in this area.

I too have bad ground right in the yard and hope to test a bit tomorrow if it's not too wintry.

It looks like the T2 should be able to handle it and the display provides readings to show you ground condition. Pushing the trigger one way gives you pinpointing with no-motion all metal and the other way is a quick GB button. Besides that, there's manual GB that the setting automatically moves over to disc if you switch. Since you can hunt in pinpoint mode, that makes three different modes to hunt in, which should also help.

Besides that in difficult ground, you can lower the sensitivity or raise the coil, same as on any machine.

Good luck with your choice!

-Ed

Just remember Don, it will respond to targets well beyond the I.D.reading. Relic hunting is what I do. I hunt bad ground. I like the ferrous reading, ground phase magnetic reading. This helps disprove all "red dirt is hot" I hunt in either zero disc 4 tones or all metal based on theses readings. You can change your ground balance instantly by thumbing the knob. Reducing sensitivity has not hurt me in heavy iron mineral ground. Good luck. Tex Kinsey :wiggle: