Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the headphone adapters:help:

ashdigger

Just picked up an adapter to use my regular headphones on the AT. In the instructions it explained how to remove the cuff and foam handle and run the wiring thru, that's all and fine and makes it a neat attachment. My question involves the 1/4" jack it will now be open to the water when using regular headphones and wide open exposed when I put my water proof headphones on; will water hurt this and possibly short the adapter out? It so do I need to run the wires outside the foam so I can completely remove the adapter when I use it around the water. Open for your thoughts on this, Thanks..

Put the plastic screw on cap that comes with the AT Pro & Gold detectors that was on the end of your factory headphones when new. Put this plastic screw on cap on the end of the standard headphone adapter that connects to the control box this will seal that end of the adapter then use a Velcro tie to get it out of the way and secure. Then go down to the Ace Hardware or hardware store and look for a !/4" rubber plug and install it in the 1/4" end of the headphone adapter and that will seal that end. Now you can leave the headphone adapter in place on the detector without removing it.

Good Luck :) Pic of factory cap below. You may want to coat the threads of the cap with a little water proof grease or the silicone based O ring grease that is use to maintain the O rings on water proof detectors, this can be found at the hardware store as well.

Happy & Safe Hunting To All, :detecting:
Bill G

I ran mine out site the foam grip so I would just remove it for water operation. Not worried about rain though.

I am also gonna run mine outside the foam grip...I will just zip tie it down, and cut the zip ties if I want to hunt the water...zip ties are cheap...

HH,

Thanks for all the help guys just wasn't sure on how to mount the adapter, I may be leaning on the outside and just taking them off when I put on the water phones,
anyway
Thanks again..
Hunt safe..:garrett:

I would have liked to have seen a cap with a gasket that would fit over the open end when not in use...It would have been a SMART engineering move...
Garrett should start thinking AT (all terrain for ANYTHING associated with the AT Pro/Gold)
And I still want my waterproof Garrett AT Pro-Pointer

HH,