Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the password...

willy

I've got a bit of a problem here. Bought a used Vision (though the electronics say V3) and the password doesn't work! It's written in the back of the user manual, and a page with the password printed out was provided.. but still, presumably, the wrong password. Right now I'm waiting for the White's technician to call back, but who knows if/when he ever will. I'm kinda curios; maybe the detector was upgraded to a V3 and the password got screwed up? Right now I want MY name and contact info on the Vision, not some guy in Florida or somewhere. Can anyone help? ..Willy.

As far as I know you have to have the right password or have to send it back to Whites. If that happens all your information is lost and you will be charged. He probably changed the password. When upgraded to a V3i all registration information is lost. Did you checked he didn't use a new password after an upgrade?

IMPORTANT! Write down the password or code that automatically appears
and keep it in a safe place separate from your Spectra

The password will be recorded per the software serial number of your machine. You need to call to get the password. The password can't be changed, but if the machine was updated, it will have been changed at the factory, and he may have forgotten to write it down when he got it back. All serial numbers are stored with their passwords.

Problem solved. Looks like the password WAS reset because the Vision had been sent back to White's for the V3 upgrade. I suppose he figured that the password had been retained. The White's technician DID phone me back and now the problem is resolved.. YAY! ..Willy.