Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the Scorpion!

Oakman404

I am hunting this year for a scorpion. My total coin count is getting applied to buying myself a scorpion. Can you guys tell me, does it id gold jewlery any better? Do you dig as much junk/slaw as with the GTP or GTI in order to get gold?:garrett:

You will dig junk....no doubt about that. Once you get used to that nice analog audio, you will be able to pick out the targets that have a hole in them, such as rings and beaver tail pull tabs. The Scorp will give a nice solid hit on a gold ring, whereas the GTP & GTI will usually give a softer signal. I pinpoint off the toe of the coil on the Scorpion using the all metal mode. The crispness of the tone and how fast it suddenly stops usually gives me a good idea if its a rusty object, tinfoil or a coin or ring. I usually hunt in auto mode, either in disc or all metal mode, depending on how much junk there is and how deep I want to hunt. For deeper hunting, I usually switch to the GTI or GTP.

That's some fantastic information John. I like this part the best..
"once you get used to that nice analog audio you will be able to
pick out targets that have a hole in them." Don't think I ever heard
that before. Would that be in all metal or disc ?
Maybe that explains, at least in part, how the Scorpion gets so many
rings for you. The operator has a lot to do with it too as I know you
have a ton of experience.
Then you talk about the target fade rate to give you an idea if it's a
rusty item, tinfoil, coin or a ring. .
If I keep reading here I am going to have to get a Scorpion.
Yeah, I can just see it happening.
Thanks for posting this John. You really have me thinking now.
Good hunting to you ! Gene