Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the Xp Deus

JEF

troll
I have a xp deus coming. I downloaded the manual and was reading through it. I could not find anywhere that talks about adjusting the volume if you are using wired headphones or earphones. Is there no volume control feature if you use wired earphones and plug them directly into the remote?
I got the ws4 headphones with the Deus. If I get the headphone adapter for the ws4, can I adjust the volume with the ws4?

I don't know about the 4s but my WS-5s have adjustable volume. I think if you scroll through the menu on the 4s volume control will come up.

I’m talking about using wired earphones or headphones. Also, if you use the speaker is there no volume control adjustment?

Correct. The remote control does not have volume adjustment. So if you plug headphones directly into the remote’s 1/8” jack you will need some kind of inline volume control. The WS4s have volume control for the remote but do not have a headphone jack. You can buy the horseshoe shaped headphone adapter that fits onto the back of the WS4 puck and use any headphones with it and the WS4 puck will control the volume for everything. You can also plug your headphones into the remote and control the volume with the WS4 but you will be tethered to the detector..............
Jeff

Thanks. That’s what I figured after reading through the manual. I will probably get the headphone adapter for the ws4 and plug my earphones into that.

Thanks. That’s what I figured after reading through the manual. I will probably get the headphone adapter for the ws4 and plug my earphones into that.

Or you could just get an adapter with volume control like this: