Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question About Tone Change??

unearth

I changed my low tone numbers 12-01 thru 12-10 from 250 kz to 1200 kz, same as my silver tone, and have not made up my mind if I like that change or not?? Was wondering if anyone else on the forum has done the same thing and how they like/dislike the lower numbers with a high tone?

I have changed numbers and pitches on bin groups. And in some of my programs, the 01 - 13 CO numbers are higher pitched than say the second bin. But I've not duplicated the numbers for "silver" with the numbers for nickels. That would defeat my ability to "hunt by ear" and not have to look at the TID. But, that is the beauty of the CTX...... program it to suit your style. JMHO HH Randy

I made my nickel numbers higher as well but not as high as the silver tones... works pretty good for me.. keep using it for a while to see how it goes.. it takes your ear and brain to get used to it...

Nickels are fun to find but not on my priority list of coins to hunt unless I'm hunting at an old site where i know older nickels can be found. I had nickels the same high tone as my higher conductor coins but after a few times of hearing the high tones for nickels, or pull tabs. I get really excited that i possibly found some silver.lol Just used to that. Like Digger said i prefer to hunt by certain tones set in bins for those specific types of coins without duplicating tones for the same bin. This way i know by ear ok 300kHz is the nickel range. When you select combined audio i actually like the way the stock program is set up as far as tones and bin size. The only thing i change is i raise my last bin size to 40-50 at 1200kHz raise the iron tone to 170 and squeeze the nickel bin tighter 10-14 as bin #2. HH