Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about XS lower rod

amustel

Hi, I would like to purchase an extra rod for my explorer XS in order to have both the 8" and 10" coils permanently installed on rods. I've heard that one should look for a better rod than the original XS one. If this is true, which rod would be the adequate? The Explorer II one?

Thanks.

I don't think it was the lower rod on the xs I believe the upper rod was the problem

Get yourself the Minelab carbon fibre bottom stem, they fit all Explorer models,lighter and stronger than
the original XS bottom stem, also purchase the fixing bolt & washers. H H.

I have both types carbon and the original they all work good for me. the original ones are easier to get and the carbon ones are a little lighter but that isn't an issue with me.

old xs lower rod construction is not perfect---coil cable place in the rod... coil connection end is connected with plastic nails, not long lasting construction, with time starts to wobble. new carbon much better and if you are tall man, buy tall man lower rod. carbon are not so much lighter because on the end where connects coil minlab glued huge plastic head, but they are made to last longer.