Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question before sending in my Excalibur 1000

DigDugNY

The last time I used my Excal 1000 was a couple years ago and it was working fine until all of a sudden my hardwired grey ghost amphibians starting giving off a constant noise and it didn’t change no matter where the threshold was at. I basically had to stop using it and I seriously haven’t turned it back in since. I’m going on vacation again this year and really want to use it so I contacted minelab so I could send it in and I turned on the detector just to see and it’s not making that noise, but I do hear a muffled popping in the background. Is it possible water got into the connection the last time I used it and maybe caused some after effects? Is there anything I can try to do instead of sending it in to save some money?

The first thing I would do is make sure the battery is fully charged up as a low battery can cause all kinds of problems, if it has been sitting for a while I am sure the battery is very low. Next check the connectio at the battery to make sure it is not lose fitting or corroded .

Rick

I had trouble a few years ago with my 1000 too...my problem was in the original wiring... even though the outside cable looks good those individual wire insulation’s break causing all kinda problems from silence to constant noise... I would give it a full charge then turn it on and manipulate the cables seeing if you can pinpoint a wiring issue... I replaced my headphones with Mals surf phones and put a nel thunder coil on it...I’m very happy with that combo.. after I finished the modification I noticed my ikelite cap on the coil side was broken off at the threads...so rather than take it all back apart I just used some that plumbers helper epoxy putty around the cable penetration on the ikelite cap... if you decide to tackle doing your own repairs do a lot of research 1st... while it’s not terribly hard it ain’t exactly easy either....