Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question concerning older Equinox 800

jerry123

I've got a chance to buy an equinox 800 that was purchased on June of 2018. My concern is being so close to when the first Equinox came out on the market did they have any issues that had to be corrected. This unit is only been used a few times and is virtually new but don't want to have to worry about leaking and other issues that I have to return it to be repaired. I believe the warranty is for 3 years if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks

jerry123 said:
I've got a chance to buy an equinox 800 that was purchased on June of 2018. My concern is being so close to when the first Equinox came out on the market did they have any issues that had to be corrected. This unit is only been used a few times and is virtually new but don't want to have to worry about leaking and other issues that I have to return it to be repaired. I believe the warranty is for 3 years if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks

[size=large]Transferable warranty is good for 3 years. No receipt needed. If you get it, submerge it in the bathtub to see if it leaks. If not, great, otherwise send it in. I've heard about wobbly shafts, but never experienced it myself. You do need to use some muscle to tighten the locks, and there won't be any wobble.

Hope this helps...[/size]

It’s probably gonna need the latest update

Jerry, one more thing is a crack along the bottom of the coil ears.

My 11 inch broke about a month ago and it’s 18 months old. They replaced it, no issues with that return at all.

Enjoy the machine,

Tony

HighPlainsHunter said:
jerry123 said:
Thanks

[size=large]Transferable warranty is good for 3 years. No receipt needed. If you get it, submerge it in the bathtub to see if it leaks. If not, great, otherwise send it in. I've heard about wobbly shafts, but never experienced it myself. You do need to use some muscle to tighten the locks, and there won't be any wobble.

Hope this helps...[/size]

Yes, but the cam locks only tighten to a point if you force the cam lock passed that point you will break them.

I would be leery of a early release E-800.-------On the other hand--you do have a three year transferable warranty on them.

I have an early release Equinox 800. I have had ZERO problems with it aside from the slight wobble in the lower shaft cam lock. A little plumber's teflon tape fixed that easily.
I would not be afraid to buy a 2018 used Nox 800.

Jeff

jmaclen said:
I have an early release Equinox 800. I have had ZERO problems with it aside from the slight wobble in the lower shaft cam lock. A little plumber's teflon tape fixed that easily.
I would not be afraid to buy a 2018 used Nox 800.

Jeff
X 2 not had any issues either and it swims all the time. Just needs to be discounted for the loss of warranty.
HH Jeff

He is asking $800 it was bought brand-new and June of 2018 and comes with an unopened package 6-inch coil do you think it's worth it?

Jerry

jerry123 said:
He is asking $800 it was bought brand-new and June of 2018 and comes with an unopened package 6-inch coil do you think it's worth it?

$800.00 Jerry
Shipped?

It's only a good deal if you really want the 6 inch coil. I bought the 6 coil and wasn't impressed with it when comparing it against the 11 inch on separation test. I have it up for sale and haven't had any interest.
You can get a new 800 for approximately 800 to 830, shipped.
As far as the leaks and shaft. It's just the luck of the draw on that one.
I heard of several new machines flooding this summer.

The 6” coil is a must. If you are in a high trashy area and the 11” is over several items at one time, good luck with that.

I understand your point. I thought the same thing. It's just that when I tested the two coils I didn't see that much different when picking out a silver dime between two nails. I was really surprised. The six inch may do better in some situations but for me the slight separation difference was not worth the loss of depth, coverage and having to switch out coils.

jayhop said:
I understand your point. I thought the same thing. It's just that when I tested the two coils I didn't see that much different when picking out a silver dime between two nails. I was really surprised. The six inch may do better in some situations but for me the slight separation difference was not worth the loss of depth, coverage and having to switch out coils.

It all just depends on the trash density of the site. Yes, the EQX is crazy fast at target separation, but there is still overlap and TID degradation in high target density. I have some sites that sound like machinegun fire because there is so much trash. Sometimes its more of a mental reset between tones than the electronic one. In those situations a smaller coil that physically prevent so many targets being heard makes it easier to notice the good response. It also makes it easier to pinpoint those co-located targets. I still use the 11" for the majority of my hunts, but the 6" is really handy some times. I just hate that it feels like trying to paint a barn with a toothbrush when it comes to coverage.