Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for About Andy's Hot Field Program

Bell-Two

Andy Sabisch I just upgraded to 5.2 and while on 3.2 I used your Hot Field program at times and liked it do you have any changes in settings for 5.2?

I thought the hot field program was done by Gary Blackwell in the UK. You might try searching him on YouTube.

The Hot program is now factory program #9.

I was referring to the program in Andy's Deus handbook on pages 131-132 he called it Hot Relic sorry for any confusion, I of course knew of Gary's Hot program but Andy's is quite different.

The HOT RELIC program that was in teh original XP Deus Handbook is NOT the same as what XP now provides with the Deus . . . application and settings provide different results.

Here are the settings for V4.0 through V5.2 that follow the one that was in the book . .. . . .

IMPORTANT: V4.0+ has the ID NORM function ON by default which you do NOT want. Before programming each frequency below, go into OPTIONS >> CONFIGURATION >> PROFILE and turn ID NORM OFF!

DISCRIMINATION: All three programs use a Discrimination Value of “8”
EXPERT SETTING 4 TONES

[attachment 363505 Breakpoints.gif]

[attachment 363506 Tones.gif]

MENU SELECTIONS
SENSITIVITY “92” – If trash content / mineralization is low, bump up slightly
TX POWER “3” – If too much chatter, drop to “2”

FREQUENCY 4 kHz / 8 kHz / 12 kHz
FREQUENCY SHIFT As required due to specific site conditions

IRON VOLUME “2” – Let’s you know you are in the right area by the iron sound

REACTIVITITY “1” – Increase to “2” in trashy areas
SILENCER “0” or “1”

AUDIO RESPONSE “4” or “5”
AUDIO OVERLOAD Set and Forget

NOTCH 1 As needed based on site conditions
NOTCH 2 As needed based on site conditions
NOTCH 3 “97 – 99” (Iron wrap around and cinder elimination)

OPTIONS:
PROFILE for 8kHz and 12kHz HORSESHOE
PROFILE for 4kHz X-Y SCREEN
ID NORM NO

GROUND BALANCE OPTION
GB METHOD Tracking at cleaner sites / Manual with offset otherwise based on mineralization
GROUND SENS "4"

The program described here is a base that can and should be modified as driven by conditions (mineralization, trash content, iron, etc.) Application of a notch or two can also be useful at times but should be used sparingly when relic hunting.

The optimal way to use this collection of programs is to save each one in its own slot adjacent to each other. The figure below shows using Slots 16, 17 and 18. Then when you are hunting, simply press the + and – touchpads to toggle between the three options. Naming them FE CHECK, RELICS 8 and RELICS 12 will let you know which one is active.

So just how are these settings used? First you need to define the tone you want to assign to each range. Since the ranges have been defined to take into consideration the shift in the Target ID values that occur as the frequencies change, finding the correct tone for each range only needs to be done once and then copies to the other two.

Either Slot 17 or 18 (or whatever slot you saved them in) will be your primary search mode – site conditions dictate the frequency you will want to use. You can always re-hunt a section in a different frequency to see what might turn up that was not found the first time through running a different frequency.

If you are in an area where rusted iron tends to read in the “84 to 92” range in 8 kHz or “87 to 95” in 12 kHz which would normally indicate a relic. If the resulting Target ID trace looks like a straight line (lower left to upper right), you have a keeper. If it looks like a bunch of loopy lines, you have iron and can leave it in the ground.

This is what you should have set . . . . .

[attachment 363504 Relic.gif]

Hopefully this helps . . . . . let me know how you make out

Andy Sabisch