Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for all Etrac users

In my yard, it reads about 24 in auto. At the mineralised site, it can dip into the single digits. That's why I have had to switch to manual. I find on torn up roads (and torn up sidewalks, I presume), The sensitivity drops dramatically and probably needs to, in order to compensate for that situation. I think this machine is more versatile and has found some shallower coins in tougher situations. But I need some depth for the old silver??? Still working it though!

yes, I've got the same problem with the et running low auto sens values. I really don't want to go beyond auto +3 (avoided manual with my SE cause of all the noise) but don't feel I'm getting the depth I need for older coins. My SE running auto was impressive, running conduct (esp. with wet ground) I was able to pull out some deep coins AND I had a very good idea that they were probably good ones. I really liked the SE's ability to give a good indication (sounds and smart screen, wiggle) that you had the possibility of pulling a good oldie out. So far my experience is that the ET just doesn't have that ability at all, flutey tones are gone, wiggle behaviour is crappy, etc. I do like it in other regards (less nails and pinpointing) and like Bob, sold my SE (also my F75) and will keep at it......another gripe is if I want to try and dig any shallow silver that's left (pre '6:geek: I'll have to dig a thousand pennies which I hate (they sound the same). cheers......