Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for all Tesoro Users

metalfun

Just wondering,Do any of you guys just dig everything to see what good targets might be masked?If you do what have been your results?HH

Sometimes I just dig everything but my purpose is to learn what the different nuances in the signals are especially when I switch machines. Once I feel a little more in tune with the machine I tend to get a little more selective then. If I find some old coins in a small area I will scour the surroundings to try and get another coin and will tend to dig a lot of the iffy signals. I have gone back to the same spots over again and found more coins so maybe I cleared some masking out from the previous times I visited those spots but I would mostly say that masking probably wasn't the cause of not finding them the first place. I probably just got to excited and sped up my swing rate too much,lol.

These days I don't have much time to hunt so I have to use the time wisely. If I have more time I lower the disk to the r in iron. Found my best gold find on that setting with the compadre int a tot lot and some coins that were deeper. It forces you to dig a lot more trash in trashier areas. If it is going to be a short hunt I raise my disc up to nickel in less trashy areas (with less pull tabs), because I love digging the nickels. In heavy trash areas on short hunts I will push the disc just past pull tab. Then when I find a coin or two I will set the disc back over to foil again. I have found multiple coins in the same hole or general area this way and still have been able to dig nickels. It also gives me a chance to decide if it is worth coming back to a site when I have more time. A lot of my hunts these days are an hour and a half max. 30 to 40 minutes is the norm. My favorite settings are the r in iron and the f in foil, if I got the time and dig everything. Tesoros are so easy to pinpoint with and fun to use. recovering a target is super fast. Using a Tesoro with a good pinpointer makes it less annoying for me to dig all targets than it used to be with other machines in the past. I would have missed some real treasures over the years if I would not have hunted on lower disc and dug everything. You just have to be patient and realize you are going to dig a lot of trash, but find the treasure eventually. HH and good luck.

I've hunted some places that made me want to turn off the detector and pick up a shovel and a screen sifter to screen it all:surrender: Most of the time I hunt in discriminate mode with the disc turned down to the minimum stopping point and use my ears from there. If I ever hit an area where numerous goodies are being found one after another I may consider flipping to all-metal and start digging it all. Ha!

trash tolerance :poke: for me not a gift but a change in mindset and with effort comes rewards right :bouncy: well at least we all would like to hope so :blink:

AJ

Every now and then I dig the trash ID/sounding signals; just to confirm it is trash and the detector is IDing correct. Never had a masked item while resweeping.
But RESWEEPING is a MUST.

its complicated isn't it detecting go over the same spot different day and find different stuff how did that get there :poke:

AJ

It depends on the site that I'm detecting. Sometimes I have just as much fun and success searching and recovering everything above iron from a very small area of a larger site than I do speeding across the larger area of the same site using a higher discrimination setting regardless of the time that I have to hunt. On super hard hit sites, cherry pickers leave a lot of masked goodies in their paths. I've searched narrow grassy sections between the curb and sidewalk using a large search coil at a high discrimination setting that I thought were not trashy at all because I wasn't hearing any audio response. When I switch to a smaller search coil and a lower discrimination setting, the same area becomes alive with targets. Trash, coins and gold rings. The $160 dollar Tesoro Compadre with its single knob, small search coil and no screen will blow the doors off of most detectors costing 5 to 10 times more when it comes to hunting grassy strips like I described above. It may not be as deep, but most good targets are within its depth range.

tabman

n/t

Elton said:

In my soil, around 5 inches or so on a coin size target using the 5.75 inch search coil. A little deeper on gold rings. Mash Here :)

tabman

nice finds there :clapping:

this from the other day using the Outlaw :bouncy:

thought like Tabman I would show the junk that goes with it :blink: spent 4.5 hrs yesterday digging junk and no gold but guess that junk digging pays off in the long run I call it junk in the bank :sleepy:

P4100003.jpg

P4100002.jpg

AJ

I have masking parinoiya , so i dig all I have found a few nice things but not many - but i can't stop myself from digging all

I've done it before but usually dont. Sometimes I dont feel like spending a lot of time digging junk and sometimes I do. Today I passed over several targets because they were probably going to be tabs and it was going to be hard work getting to them. They were up under bushes. If they were in the open I'd have dug them .

hatpin said:
I've done it before but usually dont. Sometimes I dont feel like spending a lot of time digging junk and sometimes I do. Today I passed over several targets because they were probably going to be tabs and it was going to be hard work getting to them. They were up under bushes. If they were in the open I'd have dug them .
You missed a BIG GOLD RING.... KEN. Ind.