Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for AT Pro users who have the 5"x8" DD

nealcat

Which coil do you use the most, the standard 8.5"x11" coil or the 5"x8" and why do prefer one over the other? Also, what is the weight difference? I can't seem to find that information. I did notice that the specs on the At Pro and the At Gold give each a weight of 3.03lb. I like using the standard DD coil on the At Pro but was thinking about getting the 5x8 mostly for the weight difference, if there is enough difference to notice.

There is a noticable difference in weight between the two coils. But I would still prefer to use the 8.5"X11" for the added depth. The smaller coil has it's place in trashy areas and getting in tight spots for me.

I like using the 5" x 8" coil when hunting in the woods for old coins and relics. It is just a smaller coil which gets me into places where the the larger coils wont. being a bit lighter is a bonus too. The large 9" x 12' concentric coil is my choice for general coin hunting, both common and old. I like how it pinpoints off the inner coil. And it's larger size allows me to cover a large area quicker....however, if a field is too trashy, the 5" x 8" coil is better.

Hello,

11" coil weight is 503 grams and 8" weight is 365 grams.. . I've found a difference of a pair of inches in depth between the two coils, but great target separation with the 8" ...

Since we have very little ground we hunt that isn't trashy the 5x8 pretty much lives on my Pro. I notice a difference in the weight though since I use a Swing Thingy it's a moot point really.