Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for Bryce-IL

Coinseeker 78

I use your settings on my SE Pro and have been quite successful in the finding of silver and gold rings in the dirt. However I purchased a 8x6 sef coil and wonder if you use a different sensitivity setting with the smaller coil like 32. If not why? What times do you use other then the 26 auto setting on the SE Pro. Thanks in advance.

I definitely run it hotter than the stock sized coils but not too hot as to cause excessive falsing and chirping.

The last thing you want to do in trashy sections of a site is to have more falsing caused from running to high of a sensitivity setting..

I usually run the 6 x 8 SEF coil and the 6" Excellerator coil at semi auto 32...and sometimes manual 30 depending on how dense the trash is AND how much iron is mixed in with the trash.

As for when I run a sensitivity setting other than semi auto 26 on the SE Pro?...about 50% of the time.

IF the ground is clean enough and the chirping isn't too bad I will run manual 26.

Anything over manual 26 on the stock sized coils and I get too much chirping for my liking with the settings I run.

If there is iron present then I need to be able to hear the SE signaling on deep coins through a null...and if the sensitivity is too high then it's much tougher to do so because of the extra falsing and chirps.

Running too high of a sensitivity setting is like driving in fog with your brights on...whether you are using a stock sized coil OR a small coil....it's just "too much" and WILL cause a loss in depth AND diminishing ability to discern "good" hits from iron falsing.