Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for CWILK

Oakman404

I know you hunt with a 2500 in up-state NY. What kind of depth do get in our soil up here with the GTI 2500?:garrett:

It depends. I dig loads of targets down around 6 inches with stock coil in discriminate mode. Plenty below that too depending on what the target is and how it's situated. Stock coil I always figure on around 8 inches max for coin sized targets. With the 12.5 inch imaging coil add around 2 inches, I suppose, so 10 inches in discriminate mode. I rarely hunt in true all metal but if I get an iffy signal I will use an all metal scan to help me to figure out if I want to dig. I started by saying it depends. So many factors to consider. It varies from site to site too. My honest opinion of the 2500 is that it gets decent depth (again, discriminate mode, not all metal) which is more than made up for by imaging. Imaging is where its at as far as I'm concerned. Also it pinpoints on a dime. Pun intended. I have found silver coins and big coppers at over a foot but that is not a common occurrence for me.

I found more and more deep targets as I got better at detecting. Same machine performing better. There's a lesson there.

Hope I answered your question. Are you buying? Thinking about it?

Chris

Thanks so much for the response. Yeah, I am thinking about upgrading to the 2500. I currently hunt with the 1350 and I think the deepest target (coin size) I have dug was about 8 inches in real wet soil.:garrett: