Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question For DAVE or MIKE Gold Bug G2 Revisions?

godigit1

Hey Guys,

I just read this post by Mike Scott on the Tec forum.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,1354336
So would it be safe to assume the same of the GB G2 performance levels between revisions?
Just curious because the pro is said to be slightly more sensitive than the first revisions.
Or does the extra sensitivity come form the new components introduced in the 2.9 (as shown in the next link) version for the silver fix OR disc VCO help the sensitivity?
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?35,1393120
The main reason I ask is I have the non VCO in disc 2.0 version I got in Dec of 09 and if it is actually the hardware change that helps I might upgrade. Not that my 2.0 lacks in performance (seems great)
but like most people I want the top performer.
This has been a question on the forums since they came out and would put allot of minds at ease.
I know you guys are busy and appreciate your taking the time when your able to steer us in the right directions.
Thanks in advance for any info you guys might be able to provide.
Be Well
Jim

AHH THE SOUND OF CRICKETS!!!!!! SO PEACEFUL:poke:

I think Mike Scott answered that in the post on the T2 .
Any insignificant reversions will not be advertised. He was talking of the T2 6.0 - 6.6
I assume he feels the same about the GB/G2 revisions

I really think software determines how a unit reacts to targets. My main Curiosity stems from the progression of #s 1, 2, 2.9 3, 4 natural progression of improvements or tweaks so to speak. what confuses me is now people are getting 1s again. And in the G2 which came out almost a year after my version 2 GB. This brings to mind some questions, one maybe the rev 1 is referring to the circuit board that all of us have GB G2 have rev1 pwbs in them so is their confusion from the posters claiming rev 1 software? Why are we now going back to rev one on the new units, is there insignificant changes that were ultimately mistakes and now its time to backtrack ? More Questions come to mind that are better left unsaid but I really don't think that a simple explanation like this!
Just a example theirs no trade secrets to be given away!
1tailored to European hunting conditions
2 had a slightly over driven gain causing instability but very sensitive.
2.9 was super hot on low conductors but not so hot on high conductors
3 very stable and well rounded
4 slightly hotter on small nuggets
With all due respect a question like this does not impose on trade secrets that is a cop out. What a question like this does do is effect marketing. However all units in my scenario have different good traits that could be selected for specific hunting applications.
I guess I'm just a little to curious about what I got and whats out there.
PEACE OUT!!!!!!

:poke: :lmfao:

i wasn't saying they were trade secrets i was saying that's why there might be no response to your question?

i would like to know too and will be interesting to see what software i get back from my 4 malfunctioning.

all part of the fun really ?

AJ

a lot,and perhaps ALL of what you are wanting to know is "proprietary" information,
and as such, is "covered" by engineering design "patents",which,to the best of my knowledge, are NOT available to the general public!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.